How to Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aikimiller

04-01-2011

One thing to considder is that early game, Ashe loves her mana regen. If you don't have the mana regen runes, you might want to considder going for an early Manamune; fully charged it isn't quite as good as the BF sword for the money, but the ability to spam volley like there's no tomorrow is definatly useful. The other option you see a decent ammount is a Philosopher's stone. Not really 100% optimal, but it is definatly better than trying to hold mid with no mana. if you don't find yourslef with mana problems, then infinite edge and phantom dancers are the way to go. Late game, if you've got an HP tank to deal with, grab a madreds, maybe a last whisper. As far as survivability goes, playing with a good tank is your best option, but Banshee's Veil isn't a total waste if you find yourself getting stunned and focused on.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kilrathi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2011

Take a look at the thread "Ashe, the Team Queen" on this forum - it compiles a lot of these tips into typical Ashe builds and has some really good discussion in the following posts.

Personally, I used to be a "Volley Ashe", building around mana and CDR, but realized I could get more damage out of the Dorans -> IE build, picking up boots (I usually got Berserker's to speed up my autoattack and help kite), then a PD and either BV (if needed) or LW. In my experience, IE is the key Ashe item since that's where she gets her damage and if you don't do damage, all the mana/volleys/attacks in the world doesn't offset the fact that you're squishy, lack an easy escape (other than kiting) and don't hit hard.

Key laning tip, as someone else posted: ALWAYS hit the enemy champ with your first hit. Your passive will get you the crit and if you follow that up with a volley, you're starting off at a significant health advantage.

I'm only level 18 and I'm sure higher levels don't fall for it, but I make sure I've saved my mana when I'm at level 5 champ and about to hit 6. Lure the enemy out towards your tower. Quickly Arrow them, volley them, and then start autoattacking with frost arrow on. If they're already wounded and haven't been thinking ahead, you'll often get a kill, and worst case you do enough damage that they may need to bp or blow a flash/heal summoner spell. I can almost always do some real damage or get a kill the moment I turn lvl 6, so I'm starting to set that up from lvl 5 on. If you get the kill, you get a farming edge, which helps buy the BF Sword first trip back and then you can start thinking about helping side lanes with your arrow.