About Tryndamere's build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrax

04-01-2011

Crit Damage runes are not recommended because they are very weak during the early and midgame. This is when you do NOT want to be weaker than normal.

Lets put it this way:

A tier 3 red crit damage rune adds 2.2% crit damage. If you hit for 100 damage and have 100% crit, this is equal to adding 2.2 AD.
A similar rune for AD adds .93 AD, and the scaling one adds 2.46 at level 18.

If you hit for 50 damage and have 20% crit, it is equal to about 0.22 AD which sucks.

Eventually when you hit for 200 damage at 100% crit, it is like adding 4.4AD. But really? Is 4.4 AD all that freaking fantastic for super end game? By then you crit for a thousand damage! Your runes arent that huge of a factor.

I personally take Crit Chance RED, YELLOW, QUINT. I then take Attack Speed BLUE because it is more efficient than crit chance blue which is awful.

When jungling (which I almost always do), I substitute 2 2% XP quints for 2 of my crit ones. This way I can take 24/6/0 and ditch utility altogether.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2011

There was a thread posted some time ago that mathed out Crit Damage vs ArPen, and ArPen came out ahead in every test case except for when the damage became so high that it was rendered meaningless to be 1 or 2 points of damage ahead of ArPen. The fact is, ArPen will boost all of your damage, and that includes your critical hits. On top of this, the change to Tryn's passive (giving you a 10% boost to crit chance when at full health) helps to alleviate some of his early crit issues if you don't opt for a specialized Crit Chance page for him.

But if your choice is between Crit Chance and Crit Damage, Crit Chance wins every time, all the time. ArPen will help you out more during mid-/late-game, but extra Crit Chance early-game might be what you need to survive the lanephase.