Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unable to Udyr Jungle That Well

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fatwa

03-31-2011

Quote:
Umbral Fox:
He's not unable to lane, but he is relatively weak in lane. And not jungling with Udyr is a detriment to the team.

It's detrimental because a) Udyr is among the strongest junglers overall, and b) Udyr is a mediocre laner whose position in a lane could be better filled by Irelia/Xin/Renekton/Sion/Warwick/Jarvan, among others. It's not that Udyr can't lane, it's that many other champs bring more to a lane than he does, while very few champs bring more as a jungler than he does.

His stances actually make him an versatile melee laner that excels in some areas much better than other melee laners. The catch is that like some melee laners, you can hard counter yourself if you get paired with a bad partner champ.

ZXPrototype

03-31-2011

If your not level 30 and don't have runes or masteries, basing mid first jungle clear is perfectly acceptable. I'm level 30 with many different runes and masteries, some paths I base anyways.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

03-31-2011

look at my udyr rune page for the best runes. 0/21/9 masteries.

with some tank/ad runes you should do an ok enough job...just go pheonix and then turtle and then pheonix and lv4 bear for gank. having someone leash your golem for you will make your experience easier.