Need advice on new champs, getting better.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R0FLMyWaffle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

03-31-2011

This is my first post on the forums but I have been playing for a while now, im level 21.
I play as Lux(5v5 solo queue) mostly, 12-3-10 being a good score in a game for me (happens pretty often). The problem is that even if I do well, my team still winds up losing. I try to stay with everyone, call mia's, and pretty much everything a good teammate should do.

My real question is where can I get help on my playing besides just practicing, because I know I must be doing something wrong if I lose 70% of my games.

Also I can never do well at all with any physical attackers (Twitch, Twisted Fate, Malphite) but I do well with champs like Katarina, Veigar, and Lux. Im sure I just need practice with these types tough.

Any help would be great thanks.

TehKaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2011

The thing with the champs that you play with is that they're terrible tower pushers. Sure, you may go 12-3, but towers wins games. Also, being a mage/support kinda champ, taking all of the kills isn't always the best thing. Sometimes, it is better to let your physical carry take some kills every now and then.

From what I see, a 5-3-15 Lux and an 8-3-2 Yi is better than a 10-2-5 Lux and a 3-3-7 Yi. Yi can BD and push towers faster than you, and when it comes down to late game, all the other team needs to do is stack Mresist and you're almost useless aside from your snares, shields, slows, etc.

You may be a good teammate in the aspect that you call MIAs, etc, but hogging all of the gold/kills is never a good thing once you're dead and your underleveled, gold-deprived team is the only thing standing in the way of the nexus against a balanced team because then it becomes GG.

Also, you haven't mentioned anything about wards. Get them. Advise your team to do the same and if they don't, you get more. If you go a game without buying at least 5-10 wards before it's over, you're doing something wrong. I never leave base without a ward. It helps so much against ganks, dragons, barons, jungle, everything.

My two cents. Hope I helped.

R0FLMyWaffle

Senior Recruiter

03-31-2011

That does make sense to me, I guess some of what you said is part of the reason I want to try to use champs who can push towers more effectively. Although I wind up doing awful with them.

innoBys

03-31-2011

Well here's the deal sparky, if you have a positive score with Lux, and stay and support your team...
You are doing your job, if your team still loses, it's because someone else ISN'T. Now, if you always pick Lux, even if the other 4 people on your team autolock as some ****ty caster (Kinda funny how those people that play Malzahar, Twitch, Eve, AP Teemo, and Swain all auto lock that champ, despite the limited use to a team those champs represent), then yes it's your fault that the team didn't stand a chance. On the other hand though, if you pick, but don't lock in, Lux and say "I'd rather play Lux, but I will tank, even though I'm not that good at it." and the rest of your team locks in a Teemo, Lanewick, and a Malzahar, then you're going to lose anyways might as well play a champ that you enjoy playing.

IF you are actually a good Lux, and your team picks a suitable composition, you are mid. Don't EVER give in to the *** that wants to play a Tryndemid, and buys a Hextech Gunblade as his first item (before boots even), if you do that, your team will lose.

Yes, I have seen that before, and I let him take mid even though I was Anivia, and because I was under farmed and under leveled, it cost us the game. That and the Tryndemere with a Gunblade. If you happen to be that person...

YOU ARE NOT ****ING SQUALL, YOU ARE A ****ING BARBARIAN, YOU DON'T HAVE A GUN, NOR DO YOU KNOW HOW TO USE ONE EVEN IF YOU DID.

Morons.

R0FLMyWaffle

Senior Recruiter

03-31-2011

That type of stuff really sucks hah, and yes it bothers me when people lock in as fast as they can. I think Riot should get rid of the whole lock-in system and replace it with a ready button or something.

Icarus Penna

03-31-2011

Wait until you reach level 30, it might change. I had loads of lost than win before level 30, but after that, I reach 50-50% win/lost ratio. You might only need more experience, and more games. Also K/D/A actually means nothing, before 30 it's not unusual to get about 20 kills a game, but now, I got only below 10 kills.

Cayten Shift

03-31-2011

Kills are utterly meaningless unless you're a hard carry. Want to judge a player's skill? Look at their assists and tower kills. But yes, wards are key.

Dodie

03-31-2011

The problem with those champs, as someone above has said, is that they can't push towers. I won't go on repeating TehKaster's post, but I'll give you some suggestions.

Try more champs. You seem to have the same problem that I used to - that you don't play a champion that relies on auto attacks very well and are more comfortable with a caster. Try champions with a different feel. Ezreal, Shaco, Janna, and Shen are all good tower pushers, though they play differently than the average carry. They also each play a different role. Carry, Jungle/ganker, Support, and Tank.

The Elitist GG

03-31-2011

Yea, it sounds to me like you just need to play a more game changing champ.

Don't get me wrong Lux is awesome, but when your teams barely keep up in kills or you are just KSing them, you being fed alone will hardly change the game.