Corki and Trinity Force

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueToe

02-17-2010

Been learning new champions the past month and now I'm on corki. Seems like he has some potential, but theres one thing I just do not understand, which is why does every single guide say to get trinity force. Sure it's a good item, but would it not be better to just get a black cleaver or infinity? Or buy other dps items instead of spending 4k gold on tf? I'm not saying that TF isn't way better or anything, I would just really like for someone to explain to me why so many people say to take trinity force over dps items. Thanks in advance, hopefully I can get some feedback!

Quinnister

02-17-2010

It gives everything you really need, for one thing.

The other is that his ult has an incredibly low CD which allows him to proc Trinity all the time, boosting his DPS considerably.

ChaoticHypnotic

02-17-2010

Trinity is a good item to get while you are learning Corki, because of it's versatility.

But, once you have mastery of him, there are much better builds that don't include TF.

It's largely a matter of tailoring his items based on your opponents.

StretchyStretch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2010

Its not required, its just perfect for him. AP increases most of his abilities damage, attack speed and crit are nice for his dps side, sheen proc is amazing for his low CD ult, health is good for squishyness.

Zephyrlot

02-17-2010

There are several optional other corki builds, but most rely on knowing him inside and out.

I've seen extreme late-game success with a hard carry build that rushed the infinity edge, but I personally prefer to rush catalyst, get merc's, then turn the cat into a veil and THEN start getting the items of hurt.

Kendouy

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrlot View Post
There are several optional other corki builds, but most rely on knowing him inside and out.

I've seen extreme late-game success with a hard carry build that rushed the infinity edge, but I personally prefer to rush catalyst, get merc's, then turn the cat into a veil and THEN start getting the items of hurt.
You get focused alot? :P

Zephyrlot

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendouy View Post
You get focused alot? :P
I plan on getting focused, because if that was not the case their entire team would be dead =)

T0ggle

02-19-2010

I wouldn't even go with trinity force on corki dude, Theres so much more you can benifit from other items.
this is my normal item setup
Vampiric scepter
beserkers boots
executioners calling or BT
Recurve bow
Infinity edge
the black cleaver

Last item is normaly reserved for banshees or quicksilver sash, depending on If im in the mood to counter ashes ulti or just anyone elses spells every 30seconds.
This build works great, and the best part about being corki is you don't need to worry about teemos blind because your spells do enough damage already even without AP stacking.

AIM7Sparrow

02-19-2010

Sheen and later TForce are Corki 101. If you aren't getting them you're playing him wrong. The reason is the enemy isn't going to nicely sit there and let you pound on them with your IE, Black Cleaver, and Bloodthirster. Not to mention, teamfights and ganks are hardly static affairs anyways. You need to make every one of your hits count and getting a TForce ensures that they do. Not to mention Corki will almost never have trouble procing them.

DoomManufact

02-19-2010

I've been playing Corki for this past week and I find the slow debuff to be wasted. Rylai's Crystal Scepter is a much better slowing option for Corki, as he has a lot of long range, AoE abilities that proc it. I usually get Sheen just because it's so awesome on Corki, but after Sheen I go straight for a Black Cleaver, and only get TF then.

Does anybody know if TF's slow stacks w/ Rylai's slow? B/c then I could easier justify using it for the better sheen proc.