Shader model 2.0

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darklyger64

02-17-2010

I need help. I can't seem to play LOL because my graphics card does not support shader model 2.0 and Idk how to check if i have a graphics card or not. I've been playing lol for a week now and this just happened today and i can't seem to play it now. I need help and can you tell me the steps of how to fix it. Thank you very much in advance! Oh and if my computer does not have a graphics card does that mean I can't play LOL anymore? It worked fine since last week and idk why i'm having this issue now.

If i wasn't meant to play this game due to having no graphics card, why was i able to play and etc.? sorry just want to play this game and now i can't even play it anymore. Kinda upsetting

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is right, but the graphics card that my computer was suppose to have sudden shuts off? If that is possible, and it stopped working, or maybe it's unplugged? or something? Anyway can anyone help me look where the graphics card might be? A picture of it would be helpful i have a Gateway 700gr, it has a ATI Radeon x300 and it should let me play League of Legends since it supports Shader Model 2.0. Much is appreciated and just really irritated that i can't play

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

02-17-2010

hmm...

post a DXDiag and we can see if we can help. Here is the instruction on that...

http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...o+a+Forum+Post

It sounds like you might be having a hardware issue, but lets not jump the gun. Go ahead and post that log.

DTiga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2010

so yeah

hohums

Software Engineer

08-10-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I'd recommend updating your drivers from http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

Note your card is "ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series" and does support shader 2.0 although your framerate is probably not that great.

toomad

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LON3 T1G3R View Post
so yeah
790mhz processor? I think your case has worse problems than just shader model 2.0.

FrosTeHHH

08-11-2010

darn after that galio patch i can't play LoL and it always says my graphics card doesn't support shader model 2.0.what i did before that problem is that i redownloaded lol and repaired it while it is still patching, and after the patch is done i can't play anymore .
well i can play it before the patch but now i really can't.

PwNiNg 4 YoU

11-28-2010

I think my computeer is to old because i have a firewall and my shader model 2.0 does not asupport this stuff.but i really wnat to play! so just get back to me ok?

PwNiNg 4 YoU

11-28-2010

but i wish my lol would work beacause i only can play at my friend haggy34s house but i dont think thids game sucks so peace out!tip oyu GUYS ROCK SO GOOD!

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2010

To see if your computer can handle LoL, go to http://canyourunit.com and run a test against LoL :-)

PwNiNg 4 YoU

11-28-2010

so by! i am making a new online game called Zombies online so ill leave a replay in 3 years or months wen i get back but i dont know if im making it for sure so dont worry about this!