Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Flat AP quints vs magic pen - Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fennec

Recruiter

03-31-2011

Quote:
Tenmar:

Also consider that MR doesn't increase per level like armor,

Not that case MR does increase per level for some heroes.

Quote:
Spell Block 30 (+1.25 / per level)

-Akali MR per level
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/champions/84/akali_the_fist_of_shadow

Captain Baylife

03-31-2011

Thanks for the insight (hahaha) guys, I've seen a lot of katarinas with flat ap quints so I was just wondering. Getting closer to true damage has always seemed better to me.

TL Frolo

03-31-2011

health quints

but really mpen is always better then ap unless you are akali and need your passive

TL Frolo

03-31-2011

Quote:
FennecFoxx:
ive tested it theres no real differences. AP is a little better early game AP ups your Minion farm a little. But mid game Mpen beats it. I will say death cap might turn the tide but i haven't tests it to that point.
we are talking 2-5 damage here so i don't think its really worth the big IP cost unless you REALLY need to know.

Kat has one of the highest AP ratios in the game at 3.0

its .3
not 3.0
that said it is per dagger iirc

The Holy Bible

03-31-2011

I'd go flat AP for champs like, Leblanc/Sion... They either have Killer AP ratios, or just a really good early game, where you can get fed