Flat AP quints vs magic pen - Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Baylife

03-31-2011

I've been running with 3 magic pen quints on kat, and was just wondering if switching it up to flat AP would be better.

I really have no idea =/

MrJon3s

03-31-2011

Nope mpen is better.

Ichikaze

03-31-2011

Mpen straight better.

kwjnfkjsdg

03-31-2011

mpen is always better unless your champ has killer ap ratios like malzahar or fiddlesticks.

ExpandingEye

03-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjnfkjsdg View Post
mpen is always better unless your champ has killer ap ratios like malzahar or fiddlesticks.
or ashe.

thatsmywhitemama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjnfkjsdg View Post
lol?

Tenmar

03-31-2011

15% offense tree talent and Mpen is really great for a long time to make any champ's MR less than 10% mitigation.

Also consider that MR doesn't increase per level like armor, so if players want to counter you they really have to invest a lot of gold just to start resisting your abilities. Which you can quickly rectify with either a haunting guise and Sorc boot combo(this with Mpen runes counters a negatron cloak), or get a void staff for 49% Mpen.

Fennec

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-31-2011

ive tested it theres no real differences. AP is a little better early game AP ups your Minion farm a little. But mid game Mpen beats it. I will say death cap might turn the tide but i haven't tests it to that point.
we are talking 2-5 damage here so i don't think its really worth the big IP cost unless you REALLY need to know.

Quote:
mpen is always better unless your champ has killer ap ratios
Kat has one of the highest AP ratios in the game at 3.0

McFatson

03-31-2011

My current setup involves AP quints, but they're leftovers from my double-passive Akali runepage. AP Quints, Magipen Reds, AP Blues, and Armor Yellows serves me pretty well. With this, Doran's Shield, and 9/21/0 masteries, it's much more likely that I can lane and harass 'til level six and then try for a kill.

Don't won Magic Pen quints, but I will definetly give them a try if I ever find the need to pick some up.

hybar

03-31-2011

MPen is better- unless you have a support hero who also heals. AP is more useful in that case (Taric n' Sona come to mind specifically)

on Kat- like everyone else already says- MPen is better.