No launcher shortcut

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dovahkiin

03-30-2011

alright so while trying to download the patch it would stop at 66/67 and say that the launcher has experienced an error and to restart the application. i looked up what i should do and ppl said to reinstall LoL...now i did that but for some reason when i download it i dont get the launcher shortcut..aka i cant launch it from anything. so i tried reinstalling again and got the same problem, is there somewhere i can just get the launcher shortcut thing?

Dovahkiin

03-30-2011

i reinstalled it a 4th time and still got nothing

1TBSSD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2011

Right click your desktop > New > Shortcut

Paste this into the location box "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe"
with quotes

Click Next > name it what you want > Click Finish

Dovahkiin

03-30-2011

Riot games is nonexistent as a folder anywhere, all i have is a desktop League Of Legends folder that has, layout, setup, setup.isn, data1, data2,ISSetup.dll, setup, setup, 0x0409, and data1.hdr. I downloaded using the league of legends exe, but that folder isnt downloading appareantly. is there something im doing wrong?

1TBSSD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2011

Run the setup file in the League of Legends folder on your desktop.

The game hasn't been installed to your computer yet.

Dovahkiin

03-30-2011

Grahh ive tried that countless times lol i tried the modify function if tried the repair function and the remove function, none of them seem to be doing anythinggg. So i tried un installing and that doesnt seem to do anything either which leads me to deleting the files manually and then reinstalling from the site. None of its working, i hate to be hasslesome but its just all goin a-wallll :<

Dovahkiin

03-30-2011

i feel like im running outa options that dont involve wiping my computer and starting from scratch, i have to be missing something cuz it doesnt make sense that this isnt working

K K0

11-01-2011

I was having the same problem just now, There was no shortcut so i clicked on the only folder it made which was called "LeagueOfLegends" and clicked on the setup and there we 3 options: Repair, Modify and uninstall so i clicked "repair" and it created the Riot Games folder and the launchers.

Lolsumkk

03-28-2013

thx K K0 I think it's working !!!!! I had same problem with Dova