Ocassional Blue Screen while playing

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GnEric

03-30-2011

Every now and then while playing LoL my PC will just Blue Screen it seems to happen at random before the minions arrive in the middle of the lanes, but has never happened after they have arrived. I started playing in July with no issues, this began happening in January any ideas?

Aimonn

03-30-2011

hi cyrus,

did you happen to see what error the bluescreen was giving?

Arkard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

03-30-2011

Blue screen errors usually generate a dump file. You can find it under Windows\Minidump. Could you attach the files to a post here on the forums for us to look at?

Generally speaking, BSODs are caused by bad drivers or failing hardware. There are a few things we can help you troubleshoot here, but if you're not too comfortable handling computers, you're probably going to have to have a technician take a look at it.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

03-30-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus Trueblade View Post
Every now and then while playing LoL my PC will just Blue Screen it seems to happen at random before the minions arrive in the middle of the lanes, but has never happened after they have arrived. I started playing in July with no issues, this began happening in January any ideas?
The most likely cause of this problem is out of date drivers causing a driver crash. Can you submit a dxdiag?
Dxdiag information: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/234291

GnEric

03-30-2011

Here is the Dxdiag file. it gives me a error with the video Driver but its the most up to date one i can find as well as the one i have been using since I started playing.

Its not letting me attached the Minidump files giving me an "invalid file" error.

also i don't know if this is relevant or not but the issue has never occured in a custom or Co-op vs Ai game.

Wrenchman Golin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchmen

03-30-2011

It looks like the latest drivers can be fount here: http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=168177

This is assuming your machine is a Dell Dimension 3100 (known on your dxdiag as Dell DV051). The following driver is 4 months newer than the one you currently have; Dell has abandoned updating your video drivers.

Intel, however, last updated your video drivers in 2007. You can also try using this (but it has not been tested and verified by Dell for your system): http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...=1764&lang=eng

If problems continue to persist, I recommend running Memtest86+ and seeing if your memory is still stable.

GnEric

03-30-2011

I'll give these a shot but since the problem seems to be so random in occurrence I'll report back if it happens again.