[GUIDE] Shaco-Get first blood or kill yourself

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

railspider

Member

02-25-2010

No JitB's? lol, gl hf with that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

Senior Member

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by railspider View Post
No JitB's? lol, gl hf with that.
Sorry, too busy throwing knives into people's eyes to plant a Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIoodHunter View Post
mekmaster can u give an exact order of items from start to finish plz?
Long sword which becomes a SoO
Boots which then go into mobility
Best friend sword, pick axe, agility cloak (you'll want damage before you want chance) which becomes the IE
Zeal, agility cloak, and the other item (**** if I care what it's called) to make phantom dancer
Depending on how the fight is going (if you can't chase someone down) get phage then the giant's belt so you can get frozen mallet and make the chase.
Next decide if you want your best friend sword to mess with the enemy's armor, or give you life steal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grodek View Post
I disagree with the potion part. One hp potion at start can keep you in lane long enough to get a kill making 10 times what it costs.Even 2 last hits with taking a little damage at start and you got it back easy. good luck taking no damage whatsoever.
Never been first blooded mate, and never died in a lane to anything less than a three man gank. If you want to waste the gold, go right ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstop View Post
I lol'd hard at your previous "how to play every toon in a paragraph or less" and lol'd hard at this guide.

But the difference is I actually followed this guide and like it a lot. Once I hit 2, an enemy is dying. Period. In every game that I've played using this guide, I've been able to get Infinity Edge without any problems, but I usually go Malady > Phantom > Something ( depending on how the game goes). This way when I'm pushing a wave and the enemy catches on, I deceive into the jungle and use it to regain my health through the lifesteal and 655 crits. Then when they're distracted again I return to pushing a lane, massing gold.

The only times I tend to die is when a teammate suckers me into a teamfight and then tards out. I find that I never need mana or health pots, or heal or clarity or anything of the sorts.

Great guide, it really helped me with Shaco because I wasn't sure how to build him effectively. Also for the lulz.
*bows* thank ew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepiru View Post
I main shaco and play it AD and realy liked ur guide, tryed it a few times and it worked nice but i still have some questions and would like ur opinion.

1. why not go with boots of swiftness? it helps u chase enemy champions better.

2. How much is the limit of crit chance u can get from ur runes? i thought it was 10%.

3. I have my seals all in dodge since i played Dr. Mundo before and so i spent 9 points in defense masteries to get the speed boost when u dodge. Do u think this works?
1. You chase, yes. However the mobility will allow you to approach them faster and when you're running by the time your 4 seconds of invisibility has run out you suddenly have that +5 movement.

2. 20%

3. Eh, I'm sure I'm giving every tool on this forum permission to call me a noob by saying this: But utility masteries aside, I've never noticed a huge difference in my hero while using one mastery or another. I've been sitting at 24-3-3 for weeks now and I'm like "Meh, only thing I notice is my exhaust is slightly more lethal." Do what you want mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomManufact View Post
it clearly is, seeing as mekmaster mentions him literally 10 times in a SHACO GUIDE.

AP Shaco is very much viable. I won't say that AD Shaco is bad or worse, but I will say that he probably takes less skill to play. AD Shaco you just kind of deceive and hit. AP has to rely on luring into JITB murder holes and being generally more tricky. Just my two cents, but don't say that AP Shaco is completely useless. He can carry just as easily as AD Shaco can. They both have their merits.

(AP Shaco player)
Ai, I prefer almost any other card master build over AP (hell I even made a tank based cardmaster once out of spite), but if it works for you it works for you. I'll just be eternally bitter towards AP players because they seem to be the most elitist close minded swines on these LoL forums (people who can actually /play/ fiddlesticks aside of course).

Skill is **** on LoL btw. Yes it takes skill to perfectly master corki, but someone who's been using the same mundane yi build for all eternity will still carve your **** into cheese before you know what hit you. Skill < knowing what you're doing (no, they are not the same thing).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jeffdachef

Junior Member

02-28-2010

great build only if your paired with a decent team. sorry i'm not level 30 yet so when i solo, i get the occasional idiots and your crit build generally always turns to AD/crit., i traded in my stuff to get, phantom dancer, IE, phantom dancer, boots and 3 blood thirsters for the damage ( note with noob teams, games ****ing take an hour long and i do normally around 1.3 -1.6k the first decieve then with 1.8ish attack speed, i pretty much land crits every hit for 800-1.2k hp. healin around 600 hp every hit, sounds like a master yi build much? yea but master yi doesnt have deceive so go **** yourself yi.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOddFather

Junior Member

02-28-2010

This guide is the single greatest thread I've read so far ;D
I played using it today and almost got first blood, then the noob up top with me jumped in at the last second and got it, then I almost got the next kill and he stole it again >.>

Then he wandered off into lala land and cost us the game, he felt the jungle needed more attention then the game....

I had almost given up hope on shaco until I read this, thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Claun

Senior Member

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grodek View Post
I disagree with the potion part. One hp potion at start can keep you in lane long enough to get a kill making 10 times what it costs.Even 2 last hits with taking a little damage at start and you got it back easy. good luck taking no damage whatsoever.
Read the guide again. Mekmaster told his logic about potion is flawed. He was just kidding. His guide is usefull and funny, so please could you stop talking about the same thing? Talk about how AP CM is wonderfull.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

Senior Member

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claun View Post
Read the guide again. Mekmaster told his logic about potion is flawed. He was just kidding. His guide is usefull and funny, so please could you stop talking about the same thing? Talk about how AP CM is wonderfull.
While we're at it can we discuss how one jack in the box is more powerful than two insta-crits for about 1200 damage and a knife throw doing somewhere around 500?

Or perhaps we could discuss how AP mundo is totally a viable option.

Edit: I do hate potions. Unfortunately my "Well I hate them because I'm a miser" is instantly countered by anyone who mentions it being the equivalent of 2 minion kills. Still, I'd much rather be putting those two minion kills into boM so I can run around faster, than I would a friggin potion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aviseras

Senior Member

03-03-2010

His potion logic is not flawed. Most players aren't going to be giving you much trouble given you're flying around and invisible most of the time. If you're not, TOO BAD, it's your doppleganger. Against really good teams potions might be neccessary, especially if they know you're the team's main ganker. Frightening.

Potions are for heroes that intend on tanking damage to be effective or need to spam a ridiculous amount. With mobils, even if you do take damage later on you can just fountain up and get back to the action in no time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Its an investment really, that's what I was trying to get at:
One red bull=$2
Case of 12 red bulls=20$
Cost of buying 12 red bulls=24$

That's the logic I've lived on, needless to say spending immediately, when waiting a bit though probably a bit more lethal (for a noob) will give out quicker/greater rewards shows up, I skip buying potions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xozzen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-03-2010

I wonder if it is really possible to not take any damage at all in the lane without using mana. Any half decent player that sees a shaco without potions in the lane will harass him out quickly. Sounds for me (actually I never tried it, correct me if I'm wrong) that you have to play extremely passive until the chance for a kill comes up. And for another thing about the health potions: It makes you stay longer in the lane, assuring you get the 2 minion kills + tiny exp, which you wouldn't have gotten if you had to go back because you were low hp. I know this can't happen if you don't take any damage, but please tell me how to avoid damage completely withou hugging towers


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xozzen View Post
I wonder if it is really possible to not take any damage at all in the lane without using mana. Any half decent player that sees a shaco without potions in the lane will harass him out quickly. Sounds for me (actually I never tried it, correct me if I'm wrong) that you have to play extremely passive until the chance for a kill comes up. And for another thing about the health potions: It makes you stay longer in the lane, assuring you get the 2 minion kills + tiny exp, which you wouldn't have gotten if you had to go back because you were low hp. I know this can't happen if you don't take any damage, but please tell me how to avoid damage completely withou hugging towers
I had a nidalee do a pretty good job actually. She kept pouncing between one bush and the other so we'd literally have to go in after her, when we did she pounced into the next bush, we went into that one, she pounced back doing damage to us as she did. Even when we followed her into said bush and had someone waiting in the bush she used the fact that we were separated and killed each of us individually.

Shaco makes that job easier. His deceive will let him bush camp like none other, plus I don't know what you mean by "Any decent player will run me out of the lane for not having potions" but I'm pretty content always being alive without them.

Look at it like this: A lot of new guys started with heal. When they didn't use heal they died at first because their D skill was replaced by something else. However, heal is really a rookie skill, play a few matches without it and you won't even remember having it. Worked when I replaced flash with ghost.


1234567 ... 8