Why remove EXP/IP from practice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pink401k

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2010

I personally do not understand why after level 11 (iirc) we no longer get IP or EXP from more than 4 practice rounds a day. With leavers, afkers, and general noobyness of practice games, it's really easy to get in 4 games in a day. If I'm practicing a new champion, or am playing with a new friend, I don't like that I don't get anything from playing sometimes. That's quite lame. I can understand not getting EXP, but why no IP? I'm playing to unlock champions and runes, why limit that because I chose to practice with a new champion? It really makes no sense to me.

Does anyone else feel this is a poor mechanic?

Also, can someone explain if it's in a 24 hour period, or per day? To me, it seems to be a 24 hour period. Thanks

XipXoom

02-17-2010

I think it resets 22 hours from your first practice game that cycle.

And no, its there to encourage you to play normal games in the elo system.

Brains

Adjudicator

02-17-2010

I think its also to discourage farming xp/ip through practice games. It doesn't affect your elo and leaving doesn't count...so afking through those 24/7 would be pretty easy.

Leobardis

02-17-2010

Why not play in the queue past level 11?

Pink401k

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2010

But the way I see it is if I'm going to be playing the game as a (very happy and impressed) player, I shouldn't get no reward for practicing, one of the key components of any game. Yes, people can abuse it, but if they afk through games, there could be a system in place to stop them from getting EXP/IP that way. Basically, I'm more perturbed that I'm getting no IP because I'm practicing a character I had to save up 3000 IP to buy and want to use. I'm not good enough to play this champion in a normal game, so I want to practice.

Also, I've been playing practices with the friends I got to join, and use up my alloted practice games fairly quickly that way too. If the ban on IP/EXP seems like a good thing, then it should be perhaps raised from just 4 games a day. Especially since it's a 24 (or 22) hour reset. I play a lot late at night and in the morning, so I essentially miss out of IP for one of those playing sessions if I elect to do practice...

@Leobardis: To play with friends I've just recruited who are learning the game or to practice a new champion.

Slide

02-17-2010

Thats what smurf accounts are for. Practice with those till you know your champ then switch to your main account for some real games. Doubly important for teaching new friends. No sense making them fight at your ELO level and practice games can be difficult to get going without bots and no one learns anything useful from bot games.

Quicktim3

02-17-2010

its pretty obvious if you took 30 seconds to think about it

Pink401k

02-17-2010

@QUICKSLIDE: And if the Champion I bought isn't in the free rotation that week? I also haven't had much problems getting a game going in practice.

@Quicktim3: I have thought of it, and it doesn't seem obvious why you would remove any incentive to play practice games after level 11. Thanks for the wholesome reply though.

Clon

02-17-2010

they'll learn faster dying in the queue than playing against bots/noobs just play normal games, more money/exp, with 4 practice games should be enough to learn the basis

Cryaotic

Recruiter

02-17-2010

u get Xp and Ip for the first 3 games every 24 hours...