Super Pro tips for your average LoL player

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Expose AnthraX

03-30-2011

About to hit level 30 brah, and I wanted to share my world renowned expertise:

1. You cannot self-proclaim the title Pro until you've destroyed an enemy laser turret.
2. Don't fling normal minions with singed.
3. Don't ultimate minions with leblanc unless you Pro, gold digger, or jelly of sivir farm.
4. Sometimes playing it safe, will actually cost your team the game and you will still die.
5. Buy wards but not to place them in the middle of your own god **** lane!!!
6. If you got the most kills in your team, but least damage dealt, you will automatically unlock achievement 'KS'.
7. If you have most damage dealt on your team but negative K/D, you are NOT a feeder--usually means your teammates ditched you so that cho gath can om nom nom you.
8. If you have oracles bought, it actually ISSSS your job to look out for and kill the invisible twitch or evelynn.
9. Sometimes going for a turret is more important than your K/D.
10. Sometimes you should steal buffs/KS from feeder teammates.
11. If you are feeding in your lane, ask for a switch, if you didn't destroy him the 4th death, highly doubt it will happen on the 5th death.
12. Just because saintvicious can play trundle, doesn't mean you can.
13. If you're losing 75% of your games as you see in your match history, perhaps it's time for you to go and read a guide or watch a stream or search for help on youtube.
14. If you're losing 90% of your games with a certain champion, perhaps it's time you learn a new champion even if you don't want to.
15. If you're losing 99.9% of your games with any champion, perhaps it's time to pay HotshotGG dat dere $49.99 per hour lessons.
16. If you have a champ that you are terrible at or don't know anything about, perhaps you should not experiment with it on your main account in ranked.
17. If you aren't improving for 100s of games, start recording your games and reviewing them. Or better yet, just train yourself to constantly look at the minimap.
18. Want to find friends to play with, use chatrooms (there is also a reddit chatroom that's big), or just Add friend random people you play with (especially when you do good in a game).
19. 2nd best tip: Stop raging on teammates, it degrades your performance, and the feeder's performance gets even worse if that was even possible. Oh and use /ignore. I was 1/7 one game as I was typing to this rager, and as soon as I used /ignore, 10/12 (better than him).
20. Final and best tip: Communication is key in this game, KEY. Learn to ping. Learn to discuss with your teammates strategy. Most games are lost because teammates are not on same page or someone didn't warn someone else about an MIA or incoming gonk.

TL;DR: Just read the last two tips at least!

Seductivpancakes

03-30-2011

oh yeah. Good to know.

Pr0phetEzekiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2011

**** those are some pro tips.

Campbell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2011

them dang "gonk"s
lol Good tips No.1 is the best XD

sikknastyy

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seductivpancakes View Post
oh yeah. Good to know.
obviously not if they still suck

Edit: they edited post so they didnt look like an idiot lol, "ITT: things people already know"

Expose AnthraX

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikknastyy View Post
obviously not if they still suck
Huwhat? Can't suck after my tips, son. I've unscientifically isolated and tested these tips. Made them run through the gauntlet.

EDIT: Oh... sikk, ok, now it makes sense.

Codemaster

Software Engineer

03-30-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

21) Team > Self
22) be a good sport.

Also, this came to mind:

Expose AnthraX

03-30-2011

Oh I totally forgot... Bonus tips time:

If you're not in it for the lulz, you're not playing pro LoL.

1. Righty tighty, lefty Lucy.
2. If the glove don't fit, you must acquit.
3. Thumb-up if you like something, Thumb-down if you hate something, don't vote if you are indifferent.
4. Saying "inc twitch" is worse than pinging a perfectly straight line of pings toward your ****** teammates.
5. If you don't have ventrilo, teamspeak, and/or mumble installed, you probably will not get good in this game.
6. If you think, you can become good just by practice (without supplemental research/videos/talking/discussing). I have some 1000+ win level 30s just dying to give you advice because they still suck.
7. Stop asking stupid questions to experts in IRC.
8. Want to win your next court case? Watch law and order. Want to win your next game? Watch a clg stream.
9. Want to get to 2000 real fast? Hire a korean.

Expose AnthraX

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codemaster View Post
21) Team > Self
22) be a good sport.

Also, this came to mind:
Indeed. I hereby insta-award you title "Pro software engineer".

Expose AnthraX

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno x2 View Post
then dang "gonk"s
lol Good tips No.1 is the best XD
Yo dawg, you already hit pro bro?