Launcher has experienced an error - How to fix

1234511 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ampharel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2011

This guide is to help you if your launcher is giving the "launcher has experienced an error" popup.
Most of these problems can be solved by just reinstalling!
If this guide does not help you, or you dont know how to do it, post your patcher logs here, and we will take a look at it.

First step
Creating a log file:

1. Open the launcher
2. Wait till the launcher crashes
3. Go to your installpath
4. The patcher_lib.log should be the log file containing the error

Second step
Finding the error:

1. Open the patcher_lib.log file using notepad or something similar
2. Press ctrl + f
3. Search for "ERROR"
4. It should show a line like this one (note: this is just a example, the content of the line behind ERROR can be different from this.)
03/30/2011 14:40 [ERROR] Unable to verify source for expansion [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\HeroPak_client.zip]
5. Look at the last part of the error, to see what file is causing the error

Third step
Fixing the error
1. Go to files.wrench-box.com

2. Go to the bottem link called: "Click here to view all the individual League of Legends Files!"

3. Search the file provided in the error found in step 2. Please note the file location will be the same as shown in the error, for example: Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\ is where the HeroPak_client.zip is located.
In this case this would be HeroPak_client.zip

*Exception*
If the file shown is called something like: \League of Legends\lol-cb3.game_p\baseline\ (ending with a "\"), the slash means this is a folder, if the folder is not in the folder decribed in the error, just manually create it.

4. Replace the file with the one found on wrenchbox (make sure to put it in the right direction, shown in the error message. For this one this would be: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\)

5. Run the Launcher again, and see if this fixes the problem.

6. If the launcher still gives an error, check in the logs if this is for the same file or a different one. If its for the same file, post this here. If its for a different file, please follow those steps again.

If there is no error message in the logs, try running this tool and see if that fixes the problem. If not, please reply here again with the logs.
http://76.73.13.30/Files/FixPatcher.exe

For other problems:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=195593

If the HeroPak_Client doesnt get fixed by replacing, uninstall all custom skins and retry patching.

Zerotul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-30-2011

03/30/2011 13:53 [ERROR] Unable to open [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\LOL.Game_p\LOL.Game_67_66to67]

how can i fix?

KhelekDraug

03-30-2011

sorry man im havin the same error here
here is my log
( plz someone help me, the ABSTINENCE IS KILLIN ME!!! D: )

DemonVTEC

03-30-2011

I'm having the following error. Its not showing on the patcher_lib.log.

The second window that keeps opening is ASSERT: Pointer is NULL...(file.c/439)
This has been a common problem but everything is a temporary fix for it. This time the same solution (turning off firewall) did not work. What should I do to fix this problem?

1TBSSD

03-30-2011

Zerotul,

The best solution is a reinstall in your case. Reinstall following this guide. http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...gue-of-legends

KhelekDraug,

Here is the file you need http://76.73.13.30/Files/League%20of...nfig_en_US.txt

Save it to E:\Juegos\riot games\Game\DATA\Menu

DemonVTEC,

Right click the launcher and run as administrator.

VoidInsanity

03-30-2011

Nice guide however doesn't fix my problem. Here is the error I get

[ERROR] Source path [C:\Program Files (x86)\League of Legends\lol-cb3.game_p\baseline\] does not exist

I ran the tool and it says it fixes a baseline error, then gets back up to 4%, but then same error. I guess i'll keep running it, maybe it'll fix everything eventually.

fleshfester

Recruiter

03-30-2011

nothing is working that u have said, if i dont find a fix im going to quit LOL. i have wiped my comp and reinstaled twice now so plz dont make me quit LOL

fleshfester

Recruiter

03-30-2011

btw i noticed all these posts are recent so it might be the new update? Plz help me fix my LOL so i can play again

fleshfester

Recruiter

03-30-2011

okay i have found a fix myself, i used the fix patcher, not once, and dont use the same one. i personally had to use 5 new ones to fix the problem and it is fixed now, i hope it helps other ppl too

HolyThrasheR

03-30-2011

hi iv reinstaled its stoped at 66/67 and not showing errow just wont dl or play

1234511 ... 19