Difference between top solo and mid solo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Monkeedude

Senior Member

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaver99 View Post
If mid tower is that important why not duo mid then?
It's often the case that early game that 1 extra person doesn't do much to help take down mid tower, a smart opponent will be able to defend 2v1 mid tower, and so you're effectively just stealing minion kills from your carry or w/e. You're better off having it solo and having that other person jungle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolution13

Senior Member

03-30-2011

Why DONT you want 2 mid? Top can come mid Bot can come mid so its fast to anti gank
Unlike top open if your team calls MIA theres really not much ganking opportunities


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolution13 View Post
Why DONT you want 2 mid? Top can come mid Bot can come mid so its fast to anti gank
Unlike top open if your team calls MIA theres really not much ganking opportunities
It's too easy to get to a tower, and too hard/risky to towerdive early for multiple people in mid to be feasible. On top of this, most teams will put an important carry or someone who needs solo farm in the mid-lane, so you're not hindering their ability to gain levels on you or farm. Since it's easy to defend oneself in mid, your sidelanes (which you have left to the mercy of their team's two at bottom and the one at top who should be more than capable of landing champion kills in a 1v2 situation) are now weaker and easier to pick off/deny.

It just doesn't work, even if it sounds like it could.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

reaver99

Senior Member

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeedude View Post
It's often the case that early game that 1 extra person doesn't do much to help take down mid tower, a smart opponent will be able to defend 2v1 mid tower, and so you're effectively just stealing minion kills from your carry or w/e. You're better off having it solo and having that other person jungle.
You already have a jungle so it'd be between having 2 bot or 2 mid, and obviously you'd put your carry in the solo lane not the duo.

The main reason I can think of is that it's easier to deny 2v1 bot lane because of the longer lane and bushes, but being denied hasn't stopped roaming support from being popular.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolution13

Senior Member

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
It's too easy to get to a tower, and too hard/risky to towerdive early for multiple people in mid to be feasible. On top of this, most teams will put an important carry or someone who needs solo farm in the mid-lane, so you're not hindering their ability to gain levels on you or farm. Since it's easy to defend oneself in mid, your sidelanes (which you have left to the mercy of their team's two at bottom and the one at top who should be more than capable of landing champion kills in a 1v2 situation) are now weaker and easier to pick off/deny.

It just doesn't work, even if it sounds like it could.
I agree with you but given his situation MF or Ashe Mid.

and having a jungler you will have both Top / Mid Solo
It all comes down to how skilled the person is, Ashe and MF are both Carriers anyways


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

reaver99

Senior Member

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
It's too easy to get to a tower, and too hard/risky to towerdive early for multiple people in mid to be feasible. On top of this, most teams will put an important carry or someone who needs solo farm in the mid-lane, so you're not hindering their ability to gain levels on you or farm. Since it's easy to defend oneself in mid, your sidelanes (which you have left to the mercy of their team's two at bottom and the one at top who should be more than capable of landing champion kills in a 1v2 situation) are now weaker and easier to pick off/deny.

It just doesn't work, even if it sounds like it could.
Well you won't kill the enemy mid, but the point is to keep them at their tower and slowly poke at it. And mid being safer works in your favor since pushing to their tower mid is much safer than at bot.

I don't think it's that great of an idea but it might be worth considering for some team comps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suuperdad

Senior Member

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolution13 View Post
Why DONT you want 2 mid? Top can come mid Bot can come mid so its fast to anti gank
Unlike top open if your team calls MIA theres really not much ganking opportunities

Actually there was a thread a while back asking that very same question. Many top (1800+) players posted in it, many saying that duo-mid was actually a decent option. A lot of people (in this community especially) auto-dismiss something, simply because it isn't the way it's normally done. Duo mid is a perfect example of this.

Duo mid lets you push mid hard and still have defense against a jungle gank (which is the main danger of pushing mid hard). If that jungle gank comes, it's a quick run back to tower. If you succeed in dropping mid tower, you now have two roamers. Additionally, a 1v2 lane bot means the 2 will no doubt push the 1 into his tower and will be gankbait for your jungler. The only dangerous thing is if they are really smart and simply zone him out and don't push the lane. If that happens, he'll need support asap, or he'll be underleveled.

2 mid is actually as equally viable as solo-mid if you ask me (and it was supported by MANY 1900+ players).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

corallein

Senior Member

03-30-2011

Actually, it turns out taking down one tower too early can actually be detrimental. Without that tower, your lane tends to push way too far past the river, meaning that you can no longer stay in lane safely to last-hit and get XP.

This forces you to roam in cases where you might not be a strong roamer, as many champions aren't at low levels.
I would also say that duo mid is less viable than duo top because it's easier for the enemy team to defend mid, and harder for a duo team to zone out and deny the single laner because of the smaller lane. Unless you get the tower by 6, you've usually wasted a lot for very little return.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CARDBOARDWARRIOR

Senior Member

03-30-2011

If the top lane is 2 on 1 in their favour stick someone up there who can shrug off harassment, like Cho or Shen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swampfox357

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallein View Post
Actually, it turns out taking down one tower too early can actually be detrimental. Without that tower, your lane tends to push way too far past the river, meaning that you can no longer stay in lane safely to last-hit and get XP.

This forces you to roam in cases where you might not be a strong roamer, as many champions aren't at low levels.
I definitely agree here. I try not to push down the mid tower until mid-game if at all possible, unless I'm playing a champ that can get some really easy kills by helping top or bottom.