Is Sheen good on Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyrian

03-29-2011

Most of the times I see Jax, the players rush Rageblade or Gunblade. Just wondering if it's possible to play a good burst-oriented Jax using Sheen/Trinity and damage. Any opinions?

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

Sheen is CRAZY good on jax. Time it with your ult's 3rd hit and empowering strike at the same time for a nice dammage combo. Get your 3 hits in and if you dont proc a dodge/stun get the heck out.

Kyrian

03-29-2011

lol if it's so good why don't I see much of it?

Anyways, thanks for the reply.

ZXPrototype

03-29-2011

Hmm, perhaps its that rageblade gunblade racks up higer dps specifically on Jax. Perhaps because of the double scaling of ADAP. One of my friends plays a mean jax, I'll inquire his opinion.

They both offer similar boosts, triforce gives slow through phage, while Gunblade has the active.
More than likely its because triforce only gives a minor boost to his damaging stats while providing utility, the others provide more flat AD and AP than tri.

Sky Avenger

03-29-2011

its good but i like to get AD so my ability AND auto atk hit harder, stacks better imo

Everspace

03-29-2011

I can't remember if his base damage is superfly (Thus making sheen the champ), but Rylai's can help you stick much better and there is no DPS like a rageblade...

Could be nifty but I'm not feeling it.

Harbin

03-29-2011

If you're building burst, why not build AP jax?

kwjnfkjsdg

03-30-2011

Sheen IS commonly used. trinity force is standard on jax.

lich bane will let you rape an enemy squishy veigar style with a 2 hit combo, if you decide to go AP.

grayrest

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
lol if it's so good why don't I see much of it?
Because he's one of the best autoattackers in the game and the sheen family does basically nothing for your sustained DPS. It's fine if you're playing him AP, where he behaves more like an assassin. To be honest, there aren't too many offensive items that aren't good on Jax somehow. Rageblade is one of the worst* and people build that as a core item.

* BF sword's extra 15 AD adds 45 damage to 3 attacks, Rageblade AP adds 77*.6=46 damage to 3 attacks. For the AS, he needs it on the low end and not the high end. The only reason it's not bad is because it's so efficient for the stats and it provides an extra 100 HP.

Rrbhaunoch

03-30-2011

AP jax with lich bane is amazing. You get empower + jump + lich bane. If you get up to 600 AP or so it will kill a squishy in one jump