Difficult solo lanes for Akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narsir

03-29-2011

When do you need to be extra careful or even ask for a swap?

meneroth2

03-29-2011

when one of them buys oracles.

or area effect damage. that stuff will **** you up.

David19

Recruiter

03-29-2011

As long as theres no serious AoE that can harass you in your circle your fine

Paradox Equation

03-29-2011

Akali main here, since the day she came out.

Akali is hard off against anyone who can put down damage without a target. Mordekaiser in particular can give her issues but a skilled Akali will still hold the lane.

Zilean will give Akali issues. That bomb is unavoidable. It's a little ******ed, but there is little to be done for it. If Cleanse still removes bombs you could take it to make sure he doesn't kill you on retreat

Some tanky/dps solos can give her problems. Renekton is a good example, as his Q will still damage a shrouded Akali.

Vlad can give Akali issues as well. Skilled Akalis who take ignite may still manage to kill him, but he'll have lane control and that life steal is killer. He's a freakin stupid champ anyway, who doesn't have issues with him?

Against champs that stun, master your reflexes with regards to your shroud usage. If you drop it right before a stun hits, you will become invisible before the enemy can capitalize on it. Watch Ashe rage ^_^

Jokingly

03-29-2011

Malzahar > you.

Paradox Equation

03-29-2011

With all due respect, Annie is much scarier to lane against as Akali than Malzahar. Good Akalis take exhaust and ignite and build in a tanky fashion - her ult and her shroud is all the escape mechanic you need. A properly placed exhaust plus the MR from her shroud will negate enough of Malzahar's alpha strike to get a damage gradient on him and net a kill, when they're both evenly fed/farmed. I've done it many times. Still, a very skilled Malzahar can out-lane an Akali, but those tend to be rare. People seem to get power drunk with that champ.

On the other hand, Annie can stun very quickly and unpredictably with two very hard-hitting direct damage AOE spells. I step much more carefully around her than most caster champs, who I tend to eat as soon as I hit level 6.

Narsir

03-29-2011

Morde is rather easy at least at my current ELO range(1400). He is quite squshy at early levels and abusing double Mark is excellent against him when there are no creeps to charge his shield.
I find Annie a very hard lane for Akali... Any tips against her? Play it aggresive or just focus on farming and surviving?