Urgot Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColossusCrusher

03-29-2011

A short while ago I started playing Urgot and really like him. However, I'm having trouble figuring out what to make my last item. Most champions don't normally reach their sixth item, but because Urgot's core build is dirt cheap I find myself puzzling over what to build.

Core:
Manamune
Ionian Boots
Brutalizer

Non-Core:
Banshee's Veil
Last Whisper
???

I've tried Guardian's Angel, Randuin's Omen, even more damage items, but I just can't figure out what to make when I'm rolling in money and have the rest built. Any ideas?

Kvoth3

03-29-2011

I like the Last Whisper for extra armor pen, but with his acid and brut, a fair bit is neutralized anyways, so it may not be optimal unless it's a heavy armor team.

As for last item, I like some lifesteal, so I typically get a bloodthirster.

Bobbysalz

03-29-2011

Frozen Heart is nice against auto attackers, and it builds your manamune damage.

Butterface

03-29-2011

cut last wisper, not very affective on urgot....you aa then q so the added attack speed does squat, cut banshees at 4 get an aegis, then look at your team comp and theirs if your team needs more meat get a randumins (that is spelled horribly wrong) omen, if they dont get a Black cleaver and more damage

TakeTheBone

03-29-2011

I like to get a bloodthirster right after brutalizer instead of waiting for late game.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

This is the Urgot Guide ive been running lately and have carried well.

Generally i try to restrict myself to 2 defensive items, one being Banshee's Veil and the other generally being randuins (or Guardian or Frozen Heart if you get Manamune).

Mr Threepwood

03-29-2011

There is no such thing as too much armor pen. If they have 100 armor (pretty average late game champ) and you are already reducing armor by 40, then more ArPen from here is actually better than your first 40 because of the way damage is calculated. Until they hit 0 armor, more armor pen never hurts. Of course, more damage is good too.

Kroghar

03-29-2011

There's never going to be any one item that will suite every match. You need to be able to judge where you're weakness is that particular match, or be able to capitalize on your opponents weakness.

Even Last Whisper shouldn't be set in stone unless 2-3+ champs on the other team are getting heavy armor items. Guardian Angel is an item I pretty regularly get if I'm getting focused often, it's a killer end game item regardless. Glacial Shroud is awesome for Armor, CDR and mana to go with your Manamune. Could sell your Ioninan boots or Boots of Speed or Mercs at that point.

My build is usually:

Tear
Boots 1
Tear > Manamune
Boots of Swiftness or Mercs Treads
Brutalizer (sometimes Hexdrinker or Heart of Gold if I need early survivability])

Pretty much the same core as you, where I go from there depends on a lot of different things though:

- If I'm getting a lot of kills and carrying, Bloodthirsters
- If I'm first thing focused and the other team is coordinated, Guardian Angel
- If other team is AD heavy carries, Glacial Shroud
- If other team is AP heavy carries, Banshee's Veil
- If they have multiple tanks or champs with Armor, Last Whisper
- If I want overall utility, Trinity Force