@Riot Regarding skins in bundles/future bundles.

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnspunReality

03-29-2011

So I sent in a request a week ago, asking about something Tamat said that could have been taken in a multitude of directions. He said that Sivir's Huntress skin was an error to solely be in the d2d bundle and would be available in the store. Obviously it is, in the Gamer's Choice Pack. It sounded like it'd be seperate though, which is what everyone was asking for. Its not. Now lets start my arguement.

League of Legends is close to/over a year old. I've had my specific account for about 6+ months and have spent 500+$ on this game.

1) There were originally 3 bundles offered with this game.
A) Champion Bundle - Offered 14,300RP/60,750IP worth of champions for 3410RP
B) Digital Collector's Pack - Offered 10,790RP/34,650IP worth of champions, 10$ worth of RP, and 4 summoner runes for 3900 RP. It also came with the recolor Goth Annie skin.(Offered July 14, 2009)
C) Retail Collector's Edition - Offered the exact same as the previous pack(DCP) only for 20$ and came with Silver Kayle skin.

Since then many champions/skins have come out aswell as limited edition skins such as the soccer/christmas/etc. During the Christmas season we also had a new limited time Champion Bundle that was offered. Now, dates aren't given for all packs because I haven't been able to find them. But I believe I can safely assume that the champion bundle/digital collectors pack and retail were all offered sometime in 2009.

Now in 2011 we're offered yet ANOTHER champion bundle. Great? I believe not. Its a rehash of every other bundle offered YEARS ago.

To be specific, and on a line of its own.

The new Gamer's Choice Pack is an exact copy of the Digital/Retail collector's pack.

However. We do not get an IP boost, free runes or even 10$ of IP that the other packs boasted. Infact, for a greater price then the Retail but the same price as the digital, we get a unique skin which isn't a recolor(Huntress Sivir), aswell as an experience boost. For those who may be new to League of Legends. Experience boosts have no effect for any lv30 summoners.(Summoners are the term used for players, You and I)

My argument is simply this. Riot is a company who releases a free game and makes money off of micro transactions. However, more then an entire year later they alienate old supporters in one swift move by making this bundle. As I'm sure there are many people who collect skins, much as I. We're offered Sivir's first non-recolor skin. Since then Riot obviously released a new skin, Bandit Sivir. However, this doesn't address the problem. No company who hopes to make money does this to their fanbase. Offering something unique in a game that is unavailable to them.

Personally. I bought both collectors packs, last year. In the summer time. Since then I buy Riot Points monthly. Between 30-50$ for more RP to continue purchasing skins. However now there is a skin that's out of reach, and not for the simple fact that its perhaps a bonus to beta players only(King Rammus), a skin offered solely during christmas(Snow Bunny Nidalee), a skin offered during a birthday(UFO Corki I believe, I may be wrong). No, I am out of reach of this skin because Riot didn't take into account that perhaps, years ago, when faced with the decision between Silver Kayle and Goth Annie... we had already made it.(Not to mention the fact that Silver Kayle is 10$ basically while Goth Annie was 25$, discounted the free RP) No, now we're asked to give riot 35$(Because that's how much it is to buy enough RP to afford 3900 for the bundle) for a sole skin. Not a legendary skin(Which are only20$ by comparison), no IP boost(Which would be less of a slap in the face then a RP boost), not even free RP.

I'll also remention the fact that the bundle is an entire copy paste of 2 older bundles.

Now ofcourse I figured Riot may help out old users who ask for it. Perhaps speaking to Riot may gather some sympathy for older users who constantly support a company they like. Such as was the process before when you could actually recieve the IP back for champions already owned when you purchased a second bundle(This helped some peopple feel easier with the cost of buying Silver Kayle and Goth Annie. They atleast recouped the cost of the champions with IP). My response from Riot was as such

'Greetings Summoner, Let me start first by saying that I fully understand your frustration. Unfortunately though, the only way to get the Huntress Sivir skin is through the Gamer's Choice Pack.
We will be offering more bundles in the future, and we want to be able to offer great content bundles to help you flesh out your inventory – whether you’re a still leveling up or you’re a diehard veteran – so please share your ideas for which champions you would like in our next bundle!'

I was given a generic 'We're sorry' response and then they had the audacity to ask what they should offer in a future bundle for -still leveling up, or a diehard veteran'. Now, if you're a diehard veteran, you buy champions as they come out as I have. Weather with IP or RP. So basically Riot asked me to help them offer another rehash pack with an exclusive attachment... that I won't be able to buy because its ludacris to believe that one would throw away money for a skin.

I love Sivir. I've been at the front of a non-recolor skin for her forever. I bought Bandit Sivir the instant it was offered. But now this is out of reach.

So summoners, stand with me and upvote this if you agree with me. Riot shouldn't be treating its customers like this. If we remember the Pantheon fiasco which Riot still refuses to acknowledge where basically everyone with an alt got a free 10$ skin. This is much of the same. Sorry Riot, some of us made our choice years ago. And now we're offered the same #*$& on a plate and asked to spend more for it we want a skin for what may be our favorite champion.

When we're asked to make a choice, it should be once. And not a year and a half later with something worse then the alternatives. Or we should be able to recoup for what we already have if we do decide to go foward and purchase it anyway.

Sigh; tl;dr: Riot offers an exact Rehash of 2 old bundles(Digital/Retail Collectors), takes away RP/Runes/Boosts, adds in one skin and an XP boost. Then expects us old supports of Riot who already made their decision from 2009 to 2010 to spend 35$ for one skin. New summoners won't have this problem. But apparently riot doesn't care for people who've spent 35 - 500+$ already on this game and want a skin thats not limited edition and feels like screwing us over.

UnspunReality

03-29-2011

Refuse to let this topic die till a riot can explain themselves pushing away customers. The way their response sounded made it seem like I shouldn't buy champions as they come out. I should wait for 6 months-1 year later for a new bundle to come out with an exclusive attached to it(Unless its another rehash) so that I don't feel lame for wasting money and basically buying garbage to want to obtain something nice thats offered.

UnspunReality

03-29-2011

Bumping for first page.

UnspunReality

03-29-2011

Also, remember anyone who supports Riot. What Riot basically responded to me with was this

'Buy champions and skins now. Then later when we offer them in a bundle with ANOTHER skin we can secretly laugh at you because now you need to double dip just to get that NEXT skin. And all that extra RP will be wasted because 'Oh look, you supported us when the champion came out instead of waiting''.

Anyone feel a riot trollface there? because I certainly do.

gwelch23

03-29-2011

a red wont respond to this, they ignore any threads criticizing them

Tarantoga

03-29-2011

bumping every 10 mins wont get you far

LegendReborn

03-29-2011

I completely agree. I've been advocating time and time again for NEW bundles, not rehashed ones. Many of us would be willing to drop 3000-4000 Riot Points for like 15-20 champions that came out right after the two main bundles. Releasing rehashed bundles with an exclusive skin is a big slap in the face in my opinion. Bandit Sivir was just an attempt to appease the mistake they made.

MedievalPepsi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づと(。◕‿‿◕。と) i agree

WORLDSTARRRRRR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

this thread is ******ed, maybe if you started playing earlier you wouldn't have that problem. just something to think about. Blaming Riot for your lack of F2P games :P

UnspunReality

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeNjpana View Post
this thread is ******ed, maybe if you started playing earlier you wouldn't have that problem. just something to think about. Blaming Riot for your lack of F2P games :P
What? Is this even english? Ive played since Akali was released. Ive blown 500$+ on this game. I bought Goth annie bundle back when I was summoner lv10ish(Which is the same as this sivir bundle btw). Ive spent more money on this game then most others. A normal game by comparison is about 60$ with tax. How is this blaming riot for anything but denying us older constant supporters something else that would obviously generate MORE revenue. I refuse to pay 35$ for a skin. Ive paid for enough legendaries. Thats 20$. If this was a legendary I'd spend 20$ then. Unless they can prove this is a super legendary skin thats worth 35$ or can offer a recoup to older supporters of this game, then its a scam plain and simple.

12345 ... 7