Can't log in on my new EU Server Account or LOL website :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bardibominable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

Bullet points:

-Changed the lol.properties to EU version:
host=prod.eu.lol.riotgames.com
xmpp_server_url=chat.eu.lol.riotgames.com
lq_uri=https://lq.eu.lol.riotgames.com/login-queue/rest/queue

-Went to EU League of Legends website and created new account (100% sure my password is right)

-I recieved the new account creation email from League of Legends EU.

(This is where it gets weird)

-Open the game I type my user name and password in multiple times and get the "Invalid username/password combination. Please try again." message.

-I try to log in to the EU website and only get the
"Sorry, unrecognized username or password. Have you forgotten your password?"
-I made another EU account JUST in case I did mess the password up just to get the same results :/

Ampharel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

Could you try logging into the US site and see if that works with those accounts?

Bardibominable

03-29-2011

Oh wow good call, both of them worked on the US server..

How do I fix it or make a EU account then? I was on the EU League of Legends website when I made those accounts XP

1TBSSD

03-29-2011

You can signup here https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/

Change the region to Europe near the bottom of the page.

Bardibominable

03-29-2011

Lol thanks, that's what I was missing. I didnt think I'd have to change the region if I navigated to the sign up page from the EU website.

Ok now:
1). Created EU sever account, made sure I switched to the EU region.

2). Tried to log on to EU League of Legends game, it loaded for awhile then I recieved the, "Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the PVP.net server." message.

3). I next tried to log on to the EU League of Legends website and it give me the message, "You must first create a Summoner by logging into League of Legends before logging into our website." Note: I'm assuming this message implies my new account creation on EU worked.

3). I would do this but as stated earlier in #2 it won't let me log on to the game, thus I am unable to, "create a Summoner".

4). I tried using my EU info to log onto the US server just in case I didnt switch regions again when I created it and it doesnt work on the US sever so pretty sure I got that right this time.

Btw thx for the quick replys guys, really appreciate it!

Ampharel

03-29-2011

Replying is one thing, now for fixing it

Could you try this:
Turn off Certificates in IE, IE Options > Advanced > Restore Advanced Settings, IE Options > Advanced > Uncheck "Check for server certificate authentication"
Type in password with 0 at the end.(I.E. Ampharel becomes Ampharel0)
Run in compatibility mode for XP SP3

Bardibominable

03-30-2011

I hope we can fix it and hoping my pc isnt just dumb lol

-Ok so I'm assuming IE = Internet Explorer?

-The closest thing I found to "Check for server certificate authentication" in the place you directed me to was, "Check for server certificate revocation*" is that what I should uncheck? (I'm running Windows 7 so idk if that's why its different?"

1). If thats what I was suppose to uncheck I did.

2). Right-clicked on the LOL shortcut > Properties > Compatability > Checked Box "Run this program in compatability mode for:" > Selected Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

3). Opened League of Legends EU > Went to Log in screen > Typed in my EU user name > Typed in my EU password with a 0 (The number zero) at the end. For example password, Hopethisworks I typed in as Hopethisworks0

4). Hit Log In > Got the, "Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the PVP.net server." message again

5). Don't know if this is relevent but I had to run the game as Administrator before it would let me open it, never had to do this before, had to type in pass 2 times at 2 different points to let me run it. In addition to that I had to, Right Click LOL shortcut > Advanced > Check, "Run as adminitrator" box. (I'm not on my administrative account right now, I use seperate accounts for gaming or business ect.)

Ampharel

03-30-2011

Could you try to give your gaming account administrator rights, and then run it as admin?

Bardibominable

03-31-2011

Hey so I just went on my admin account and tried it, it worked! I'll be trying later on my gaming account. Thanks so much for all your help man! I really appreciate it!