Twitch: Defensive Masteries?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shady C

02-16-2010

Ok. I'd always go 21/0/9 as Twitch, because naturally you'd wanna go offensive with him (the rest being used for some basic regen, experience boost, and I guess gold every 10).

Now - I've quit Twitch 3 times before, out of frustration that he's the most fragile **** ever, and I don't have 4 friends to play with, so I have teams that can't back me up properly a lot of the time. Even if I do, I'm still Twitch, and there's only so many ways a team can stop an Annie from hitting me with 2 spells.

I also hated where, if I'm going for an early game kill, even if I get it without being touched, I see that the creeps took me to 100 hp in no time.

So I finally took my friend's advice to go defensive. The attachment is what I have right now.

In terms of how I did it, I guess the only comment-able thing is why I didn't grab Ardor, if anyone would ask. And that's because I can grab Alacrity with those points instead.

But I'm curious what you guys think of this anyway. Twitch in defensive masteries. I have noticed the creeps not dissolving me alive too much anymore, at the very least. I also feel like I get out of small situations that I otherwise probably would have died. But do you think this is a waste of time?

Note; I use a crit rune page, 20%.

Note 2; I hate most of you, so I'll probably not listen to a lot of fathead responses - especially since this is about Twitch. But I wanna hear opinions.

Edit:
I don't USE Exhaust, but there's nothing to put that 4th point in... Except I guess Savvy... which I SHOULD do, cuz that's at least SOME use, but I'd feel like a gort blast having 2 ability power at level 18.

I use Flash and Cleanse. Which still frustrates me, cuz even blowing both at once doesn't save me from a lot of situationssssssss........... But whatever.

KirbyHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2010

Not a bad idea in the least bit. The question you want to ask yourself before you pick up defense is whether you will be targetted, and the answer here is certainly yes: Twitch is a magnet.

I think it'd take a lot of games to be able to tell whether this is better, worse, or just a playstyle difference from offensive masteries.

Flash exhaust?

SlyGoat

02-16-2010

I go Flash + Cleanse, go defense up to 4x HP and Cleanse mastery, and utility up to Flash mastery. Works out fine.

I did 9/21/0 back in beta when I avoided flash because it was pure figgotry, but now it's so good I can't choose not to use it without giving up the game. I still do 9/21/0 on most other carries.

Karrot

02-16-2010

If I played Twitch, I'd probably just stack HP runes. (Since I haven't played Twitch more than once in a blue moon, I can't say what works.)

Shady C

02-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyHero View Post
Not a bad idea in the least bit. The question you want to ask yourself before you pick up defense is whether you will be targetted, and the answer here is certainly yes: Twitch is a magnet.

I think it'd take a lot of games to be able to tell whether this is better, worse, or just a playstyle difference from offensive masteries.

Flash exhaust?
I edited. I do Flash Cleanse. Wish I had room for other things, even a nice Clairvoyance for some nice Spraying when they think they're hiding in grass (and I have terrain protection). But sadly, I can't give up either of the two for anything whatsoever.

Quote:
I go Flash + Cleanse, go defense up to 4x HP and Cleanse mastery, and utility up to Flash mastery. Works out fine.

I did 9/21/0 back in beta when I avoided flash because it was pure figgotry, but now it's so good I can't choose not to use it without giving up the game. I still do 9/21/0 on most other carries.

That's actually a pretty interesting idea. I'll have to try it out sometime.

I'll be honest, in my early item building, I do: Vampiric Scepter, Mekhi Pendant, Berserker, IE, whatever. I have taken a great liking to the Mekhi as it allows me to not have to go back to town for mana that I may use to stay safe in stealth, or Debils + Expunges in the same fight. The utility mastery, however, could save me that money.

KirbyHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2010

Flash and cleanse is probably better than Flash exhaust. But I saw you had taken the exhaust mastery.

Zizzefex

02-16-2010

Defensive mastery Twitch is what I use on my smurf. It actually works really well. I dropped nimbleness and 2 points of dodge for ardor though (still have 2 points in dodge nowhere else to put them).

I've lived so many times where I should have died. Really like it lol.

sdjaks

02-16-2010

CDR/Archaic Knowledge > 15 extra health and 4% attack speed (which Twitch caps quickly)

Shady C

02-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjaks View Post
CDR/Archaic Knowledge > 15 extra health and 4% attack speed (which Twitch caps quickly)

Hmm...

Good ideas in here.

I'm trying out improved Flash and Cleanse spec, but I just lost a game going 0/4 then gave up and sat in fountain. I was laned against an Annie, and my team was too busy *****ing about me dying once (then more & more) than to call mia's or lane swap.

sigh... I hate kids in this game... Guess that's what I get for playing a free game.

And now in this next game, I died to Shaco who Ignited and Exhausted me, and I dared assume Cleanse was enough to save me. I died cuz I didn't blow both Cleanse and Flash...

And now Annie just Ghosted to me as Malphite ulti'd me from across the screen and I got two shot...

I really am at the point where I think Twitch is a BAD hero. He's just a pub stomper... Any team who knows what they're doing **** him up fast & easy. And it's not worth the **** talk you receive from the entire world when you have a bad score.

God I hate this ****ing game.

I just got told to ulti a tower even though there were creeps to tank it. But HURP DE DURP, my ulti outranges towers, therefore whenever I hit my R key, it means +1 tower kill!!

God I hate people.

Twitch is the most misunderstood overrated hero in this entire game.

gESYHETSYWERYHBERS^YHBGWEY^VGESTSE

I like how this became me just raging a lot.

Did I really just get negged?

GOD.

KirbyHero

02-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjaks View Post
You're having trouble winning the games in which your Twitch caps off attack speed?