Karma....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sophyne

03-29-2011

That's not an escape. That's a chasing/farming tool. Escapes are skills like Shunpo or Rocket Jump. Ninety percent of the time moving a little faster won't save you, Especially since most characters will move faster than you anyway, and will most likely have exhaust/ghost as well, so it's not like you have an edge with them. And if they have dashes it's not going to matter unless the dash is a long cd.
That's why Flash > Ghost in most circumstances. But I wasn't counting summoner skills.

ZXPrototype

03-29-2011

Morello's evil tome is good on ANY support character.

This is item compression at its finest. With one item and runes/masteries you will have stupidly high CDR very reasonably early in the game, also you shouldn't need blue as that can go to an AP who bursts higher.

RoA actually doesn't give you survivability as it would seem, nothing beats good old resistances against teams who really hit hard.

Epsilon2012

03-29-2011

Quote:
That's not an escape. That's a chasing/farming tool. Escapes are skills like Shunpo or Rocket Jump. Ninety percent of the time moving a little faster won't save you, Especially since most characters will move faster than you anyway, and will most likely have exhaust/ghost as well, so it's not like you have an edge with them. And if they have dashes it's not going to matter unless the dash is a long cd.
That's why Flash > Ghost in most circumstances. But I wasn't counting summoner skills.
-I've used it to outrun a Master Yi with boots...

Sophyne

03-29-2011

Was it early game? That's pretty much possible with anyone with a slow/speed up and boots...once he gets Highlander, though (and uses it), hell no you won't.

acosn

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeofLight View Post
It's character dependent. Still, a 36% movement drop on your opponent and a 36% movement boost for you is generally going to be enough to get you away from melee characters.

And yes. If Master Yi uses his ult he'll be able to chase you down. Barely. Usually when you see a Master Yi your first instinct is supposed to be, "where's my stun?" And that's typically where exhaust fits in anyways.

Flash is a lazy spell choice on Karma. In almost any situation Ghost will be just as viable at hunting down someone who's running away, and it'll be just as capable at letting YOU run away.

1v1 comparisons are fairly bad for Karma because she's always going to have someone around. You're doing it wrong if you try to engage in 1v1's usually.