Karma....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epsilon2012

03-29-2011

-Just tried Karma for the first time...and it was the first game of the day...
-I had a good team.....

---I ended up going 4/1/3 before the enemy surrendered at 23:36...

-I've basically came to ask....what are Karma's weaknesses, because I'm thinking about buying her now

Epsilon2012

03-29-2011

Uber Bump for a possible put down???

genericpoop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

I'd say he big weakness is that she needs a specific lane partner to do really well. If she is paired up with melee dps she can do great but if is stuck with a champ that has no initiation she won't do that well

Cheltenham

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

Karma's great fun, you should get her.

Her weaknesses-- she's relatively squishy, and she doesn't have any true escapes. She also has a relatively weak late game, or a least did before the patch. I expect her late game is much better than it was; but she's still not a character that wants games to run long.

Her cord also tends to confuse people on your own team. That said, I really enjoy her. Try laning her with (a well played) stealth character! She can put those 'boom shields' on characters who are invisible, and basically AoE kill out of nowhere.

acosn

03-29-2011

Her weakness is a mix of being squishy and having semi-inhibitive CD's.

You basically need to get a mix of CDR and HP as your early items. You get much more AP from your passive than what ever AP you'd be able to afford via items early game so it makes more sense to give yourself an early buffer to be able to maintain a sweet spot where you have low HP but not so low that you'll die to a gentle breeze. I almost always open with a Doran's Ring and get a soul shroud as my second item. HP, and mana regen + CDR projected as an aura? Yes please. Generally you just want Merc Treads with her. CDR can be found elsewhere for a better value and you flat out don't want anything else (spell pen boots, ninja tabi, w/e)

From there it's mostly just a matter of buying items that'll assist the team the most. Get Rylai's if the other team is good at disengaging. Get a Will of the Ancients if you have a burst AP character (Akali, Kennen, ect) and so on.

Don't overlook getting a tear of the goddess to feed into an archangel's staff eventually but just remember that killing blue golem will work just as well.

BarneyCalhoun613

03-29-2011

Contrary to what acosn said, don't get AA staff. You should not have problems with mana mid-late game.

Get RoA + Lucidity boots to start with, then go Banshee's and Rabadons from there.

acosn

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alph4lisk View Post
Contrary to what acosn said, don't get AA staff. You should not have problems with mana mid-late game.

Get RoA + Lucidity boots to start with, then go Banshee's and Rabadons from there.
That's the joke.

Your team should be giving you blue golem anyways except for early game because your jungler would need it more. Even if you don't have mana problems you still have CDR to contend with.

Epsilon2012

03-29-2011

I'm definitely saving up for her now

-I've won 3 out of 3 games with her!
-Her first skill is a Huge harass early game!

---With Mantra...the heal can actually keep you and your ally in the fight for surprisingly long!

Sophyne

03-29-2011

Her pretty poor range and relative squishiness from 0 escapes is probably her biggest weakness.

She's very fun, though.

acosn

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeofLight View Post
Her pretty poor range and relative squishiness from 0 escapes is probably her biggest weakness.

She's very fun, though.
She naturally has Spirit Bond which will let her escape any melee character.

I always bring exhaust and ghost, which will let you get away from most ranged characters.