Twisted Timeline: The Development of Twisted Treeline

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StretchyStretch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2010

Does this mean we will be seing TT in matchmaking soon? Or will this new secret feature extend the wait time a little more.

Also, with games lasting approximately half the time as a Summoners Rift fight, will there be a reduction in the amount of ip gained for each win or loss?

saltytacotoucher

02-16-2010

uhh i dont wanna sound negative but what was the point of this post? all you did was state what we already know?

fforrresstt

02-16-2010

How about getting us out of summoner's rift on normal games for once?

Kynsar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-16-2010

Awesome. Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to the fast action map.

KeitMacheen

02-16-2010

OOooo Exciting! I cannot wait for this to be put into Matchmaking... I have been running practice games with my friends just so i can play it!!

kisr10

02-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox Eternus View Post
Probably they aimed to try and get more of the community to understand that the construction of the maps isn't something that's done over night and getting them ready for competitive playing takes time but that would be my guess.
actually I agree with this. I do hate it if it takes pretty long for a map to come out but that's reality and for some reason, people are very ignorant about these things.

Big McLarge Huge

The Council

02-16-2010

I was kind of hoping for a date... But if they want to implement.. Something else.... Maybe they need more time. Mer. Waiting..

Release it early.. And then when you change things people are unhappy about the changes often simply because there are changes.. Wait.. And you lose people that crave content. Development time is constantly at odds with a communities interest.

Blazekaiser

02-16-2010

they dont need more time. twisted treeline is a killzone for quick and absolutely bloody matches. It doesnt really let you make non-offensive characters. You either can cause alot of damage or your screwed. because of its small size you cant EVER be without a partner or else youll be ganked by 2 or 3 enemies in the numerous bushes.

Personally I would add a third land and make the top and bottom size of the map. Its way easy to get to an enemy even from the furthest reaches of the map.

Zeta

02-16-2010

Looking at this, all it seems to be is making excuses for not putting TT in matchmaking and then making another excuse "Oh, we have a feature we can't tell you about on the way for it. That's why it won't be in matchmaking. For anything in the forseeable future. Now stop asking for it."

Basically, it was a big, red-post that can be summed up in once sentence:

"Sorry, teacher, the dog ate my homework!"

Be Nice Eric

02-16-2010

Thank you very much for the transparancy regarding this, many of us have waited for a very long time.

If you haven't already, I would recommend asking the advice of some of the xpl teams, as they play it the most often, and at the highest level. Burninator, Earthquake, and Phreak are some of the more knowledgable options IMO.

12345678 ... 14