Blitzcrank Item builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bumbah

03-29-2011

In a nutshell, I'm looking for ideas on how to build Blitzcrank. Maybe you have a unique build you'd like to share. Maybe there's an item out there that overlooked for him and no one knows about it. Perhaps the standard (and recommended build) of rushing Tri-force and forzen heart is the best.

Basically the idea of getting to 40%CDR, having a large mana pool, and adding dmg seems to me the most "legit" build. Thoughts?

Here's a quick recap of my build and let me know howI can improve!

0/21/9 - Honestly not sure how to best use the 9 in utility. Xp gain or max mana regen/max mana? I really think the def tree makes Blitz shine. Lets face it, he's a squishy melee champ that brings people in close.

Runes - arp reds, Hp/lvl yellows, mp5 blues and flat CDR quints

Summoner spells - Tele and Flash. Yeah blitz with flash is odd but it is THE best escapabilty spell and the flash+grab combo is overrated. Some say smite + grab is hilarous, but gimicky imo, and he can grab buffs mid game easily.

Item build:
1) Mana crystal + 2 hp pots
2) Mana crystal ---> Tear ---> Manamune
3) CDR Boots
4) Triforce
5) Frozen Heart

So - with my CDR quints, boots and Frozen heart that puts me right around 40% CDR
Is there a better way?
I rush manamune to get the full effect early. I'll occasionally rush triforce, starting with sheen, then phage, but he's a man hog early game.

Feel free to comment! thanks

Pemmin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

Item build is solid...though out of personal preference I try to go a little on the tanky cd side first instead of straight damage.

My starting build will look something like this is a typical game:

Tear
CDR boots
Glacial Shroud
Sheen
upgrade to Manamune.

hydralover

03-29-2011

Who said Blitz with flash is odd?

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=565291

Pemmin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

Yeah, I thought Flash on Blitz was common as well. I'll usually take flash and teleport/clairvoyance.

Devious Machine

03-29-2011

I build blitz as a tank because he has high hp scaling per level (+100 hp every level)

I start with boots, then when i have the money buy a heart of gold because it can be built into an omen and blitz is a fairly poor farmer. After that i work on a tear, depending on the situtation i will either get boots of swiftness or manamune first. After i get both manamune and boots of swiftness i build a warden mail to be built into a omen but wait a little while to pay the last 600 so the heart of gold fars out a little mroe money. i next get a FoN followed by thornmail. The last items is usually dependant on the enemy tea comp but usually it'll be a banshee viel.

EDIT: you won't run out of mana if you conserve you abilities and only use them when it seems appropriate.

Sykomyke

03-29-2011

This should be your Masteries (<---clicky)

Movespeed Quints
Armor Penetration Marks
Flat Armor Seals
Flat/Scaling Magic Resist Glyphs (Depends on your personal preference and available IP)

This is optimal. Getting anything other then Magic/Armor Pen in your marks slot is actually wasteful because it doesn't provide optimal use of the glyph slots. (You'll notice that the best magic resist ratio is on Glyphs, the best armor ratio is on Seals, etc)

Spells:
Flash
Clarvoyance

Coupled with masteries flash should be up for any major fight you need to either use to Flash+Grab or where you need to flash over a wall.
With masteries, Clarvoyance is up every 35 seconds allowing unparalleled knowledge of the enemy. This also proves invaluable when chasing enemies who attempt to juke you as you can CV ahead of where they are running and hit your grabs instead of guessing.

Blitz should be built similar to Ryze. Mana-stacking. This synergizes with his passive and allows you some great survivability. Downside is this requires early kills in order to get the required items and he will not be as bursty.

Items (in order)
Mana Crystal+1 HP/1 Mana pot
Crystal--->Tear of Goddess
Boots--->Ionian Boots
Catalyst
----------------------------------
At this point item build differs based on what you need.
If they are AP/CC heavy turn catalyst into BV. If they are AD heavy, build Glacial Shroud.
-----------------------------------
End result:
Ionian Boots
Banshees Veil
Frozen Heart
Manamune
----------------------At this point game is over. These are your valid normal game builds. For games beyond normal length you can then choose to follow up with a bit more DPS.
Trinity Force
Hextech Gunblade

Smiljem

03-29-2011

I played him today and went:
tear
boots
sheen
mercs
manamune
glacial
triforce
And woulda got banshee next if it continues. I mixed tank and damage masteries. I have about 3k mana so my shield was enormous. Its helpful for tricking people into thinking you're low when you really have half an energy tank.

Bumbah

03-29-2011

Thanks for the comments guys.

Hydra- nice guide..i'll give your build a shot. I like your in-depth analysis too. Thanks
Same to sykomike - thanks for the tips

Any thoughts on Shurelya's Reverie - HP, Hp/MP/5, CDR and an active MS buff. Seems like it could be a legit Blitz item. But when would one get it?

Ohwhynot

03-29-2011

>.>

So, I've only done this a couple of times, but after boots of speed, a tear and triforce(they're practically built for blitz tbh. Mana barrier and crazy double damage stuns are just too good for me to pass up.) and if we're already beating the team pretty well....I get a nashors tooth. Attack speed helps with taking down towers/baron even faster, and the CDR is unbeatable.

Other than that I usually go with a pretty standard build, and build according to the team I'm playing. Endgame I make sure I have boots of speed and triforce primarily for the speed increases. With those items and hitting w your nigh uncatchable and can almost push all three lanes by yourself, wiping minion waves with a <20 sec ult. I've won a few games that had been in really bad situations just because of that pushing power.