Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kassadin Hybrid/DPS build Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Castrophany

03-29-2011

Hey guys Im looking for a dps hybrid build for kassadin and was wondering If i can get some ideas.
I think Kass could be good with this build, but Im not sure at all. Ive never tried it
Wriggles Lantern(sold later), Berserk Greaves, Sheen(Trinity), Catalyst(survival), Guinsoos Blade, Frozen Heart(for CD?), Banshee Veil or Armor pen like last whisper.
Mastery
9/21/0 for survivability.
Runes? Ive no idea
but armor pen is in it for sure.

So any ideas? Inputs? Im really curious on how he can be built this way.
Or any other way other than an AP burster
Thank youuu

Castrophany

03-29-2011

Anyone?

Saitam

Recruiter

03-29-2011

you would... die, often. And run out of mana.

Bone Byter

03-29-2011

His W isn't there for damaging champions.
The passive (mana-return) is for two situations.
1. You've just blown your voidy load all over an enemy and just need a little more mana to cast the killing null sphere. You get that mana from autoattacking them as they runs away.
2. You're stuck back at your turret (1v2 top most likely) and have relatively free farm of minions there, so you go to the casters and replenish your mana. Now you've got more to null sphere with after the wave is pushed back out.

The active (armor pen) is nice for chasing in that you can get through a lot of armor for a short period of time, but you're much better off just waiting to cast a null sphere or riftwalk all over their face. I find the armor pen is really only noticeable when attacking turrets. It gives you enough that you don't have to wait through a half dozen minion waves to take one out.
Of course it's also a cheap charge on your force pulse.
Null Sphere mana costs: 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110
Riftwalk mana costs: 100(s+1) (where s is the number of stacks built up in the 7 second timers)
Netherblade mana costs: 25. Just, 25. Forever.

Kassadin's mobility is his most important asset. Being in the teamfight dogpile doesn't capitalize on this. He is most effective skirting around the outside firing strategically into the mess of bodies, trying to hit the squishies, then finishing them off as they turn tail.

Ontology

03-29-2011

Putting aside the fact that AP burst Kass is superior:

Why would you build Armor pen as a "must" on a guy who comes with some nice built-in armor pen? I've tried this a few times when trolling. I might try something like wriggles, berserkers or treads, trinity, sword of the divine, banshees, blood thirster.

Runes: one thing I did discover is if you go this build, his W will supply your mana. Use flat armor seals, magic res glyphs, armor pen marks, HP or MS quints. Build early survivability runes.

Ultimately, I found myself trying to use his AP burst early to harass and farm and build hybrid later. The problem is that later he becomes a squishy melee auto attack machine with a blink, a slow, and a silence. Except the silence, this is just a bad version of Akali.

Good luck.

ldfhndfjkndh

03-29-2011

It pains me to see my favorite champ getting wrecked with all these Kass's getting Hextech Gunblades and Guinsoo's. The feeling where you see your girlfriend out with an ugly hairstyle, thinking it looks good but you're too scared to tell her the truth. That's what I feel.

But if you're down to pubstomp a game or two with a troll build, then I'm with you all the way.

Trinity Force and Manamune are musts. Kassadin falls short as a straight up AD melee, but the spammablity of his spells makes him great with Sheen. Manamune lets him sustain the inevitable multiple stacks on his Riftwalk. Q and E would be used for their cc, W is your steroid, R is your secondary damage ability. I'd also put a Youmuu's Ghostblade in there since the stats it gives are simply OP, and the active helps you with the bursty nature of Kassadin.

This is purely theoretical though. I don't have the heart to defile my Kassadin in such a manner whether custom game or ranked game.

DrDragun

03-29-2011

The problem isn't that the actual stats of hybrid are bad; it's playability. If you are going to stand in and stab things, then you also need to build tanky, which waters down your damage severely. Pure AP Kassadin can build nothing.but.pure.glass.cannon.

JedimasterDarren

03-29-2011

I totally agree AP burst Kassadin is superior under most team circumstances. Hybrid or AD Kassadin is a lot of fun and has his moments too. I have played many games experimenting and having fun and this is where I think he can do best:

Hybrid to AP:
Go 21/9/0 and start Regrowth pendant to philo stone or Doran's Shield. If going regrowth pendant, make your seals HP/lvl instead mana/5. Mpen marks, magic/lvl glymphs, quints of choice (I like early attack speed but most people won't like it unless they this build). Farm like a mad dog early and level up XP is the theme.

Cleanse/Ignite Cleanse so important for this build and Ignite rocks on top of 10 AP with mastery.

get BASIC boots
Stinger ---> Nashors
Sorcery boots
Deathcap

Abyssal, Thornmail, Banshees, Lich Bane, etc as game dictates

Your AD masteries plus 50% attack speed from nashors really, really helps early. I not only control mid, but usually own mid with this setup except for Ezreal. You get a nice 50 AP, and useful 25% cooldown. You don't need ANY mana items, really you don't. You regen nice, just have to watch for multiple riftwalks. Defense masteries, including strength of spirit can have you laning all day and shrugging off all harassment with your Doran's shield or pendant.

AD Kassadin:
First, I have found manamumu, although very attractive looking on him, a failure to really work. It slows down his early game too much as he DOES NOT need mana early with his W and decent, natural mana pool. Trinity roxs on him and Atma's is nice too. You can crit with armor penetration. You must build survability with an AD build and be a hunter, using rift walk for positioning.

Attack speed marks and quints (really helps early)
Magic resist/lvl glymphs
Hp/lvl seals

Ignite/Exhaust

Start Regrowth Pendant to Philo or Doran's shield
21/9/0

Basic Boots
Sheen-->Trinity
Treads or Ninja
Get vampiric specter for life steal.

Then Banshee, atma's, thornmail top picks. You can Warmogs too with Atma's.

You will have 52+25+6+25=108 magic resist with just treads and runes/masteries which is real nice.

Crit build is fine too. Crit marks and quints. Rush Infinity Edge. It certainly surprises people, but farming is much harder without early attack speed.

The most amazing this about AD Kassadin that most people don't realize is that his passive can really rox in team fights and one vs. one for nice kills. His attack speed will jump to 2.5 per second for 4 seconds in total if taking enough ability damage. Morde's ult maxed my attack speed out when I was level 15 recently. You can kill them quick if you have the AD, armor pen and/or crits. I love killing Katarina, Vlad, Morde, Fiddle and Karthus in particular as they think they can take Kassadin many times, but I know how to size them up and use their spells/ults to boost my attack speed for the kill. Life steal helps you be more aggressive using his passive.

Focus on survivabily after Trinity. Thornmail and Banshee's is very nice protection. Atma's adds very good AD with crit too.

Happy Hunting.

PS- Watch the AP Kassadin players who have not played AD downvote this one!

qwergjy

03-29-2011

I think a Hybrid/DPS Kass isn't too bad of an idea. If AP Yi is viable, why wouldn't this be?

I think his skills are great for this. His Q and E are really powerful CC spells for great control. His W has a great active that any AD champ dreams of having. His R is absolutely awesome for chasing down someone or do a quick assassination. Not to mention his passive, if the enemy caster retaliates, they'll just die even quicker.