An item that can stun or slow...?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TruHero

06-15-2010

Is there an item that can stun or slow that can be of use to Pantheon or Nunu? Most of the time when i activate their ulti's, enemy champs manage to get just of range. So is there an ideal item that can stun or slow enemies for an AP Nunu and an item that can stun or slow enemies for a DPS Pantheon?

Morinav

06-15-2010

There are items that slow, but I don't believe they can be used you're doing Pantheon's ult. I'm certain they won't be usable during Nunu's ult either.

TruHero

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinav View Post
There are items that slow, but I don't believe they can be used you're doing Pantheon's ult. I'm certain they won't be usable during Nunu's ult either.
I know items can be used during panth's ult. not sure about nunu's

TruHero

06-15-2010

so can anyone tell me the names of the items?

Ozy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2010

You know your teammates have roots, stuns, slows, and such. As fun as it would to go Rambo and 1 v. 5, relying on your teammates makes sense in most situations when playing a team game.

Pantheon's ulti really shouldn't be used for the damage. The area is huge, sure, but the delay means you can walk out of it fairly easily. Use it for transportation or chasing/trapping.

As for Nunu, you have a slow and a MS boosting skill. Not to mention the built in slow on the ulti when channeling. It's channel breaks, not positioning, that is the problem for Nunu.

wildfire393

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruHero View Post
so can anyone tell me the names of the items?
Items that provide a slow:

Rylai's Scepter adds slow to spelldamage
Phage and Trinity Force have a 40% chance to add slow to basic attacks, Frozen Mallet is automatic.
Bilgewater Cutlass and Hextech Gunblade have an activated ability that does damage and slows, with Gunblade having longer range and more damage
Randuin's Omen has an activated ability that slows everyone within a large radius (around the size of Pan/Nunu's ults), slowing for a longer time the more armor/MR you have.

I don't believe that you can use items while channeling, meaning with Nunu youd have to use it beforehand. I'd suggest the Omen, as you already have a single-target slow in your Snowball. It's possible you can use them during though, as I know you can use summoner spells (Exhaust helps here).
Additionally I don't believe pantheon can use anything while falling (he used to be able to use summoner spells, but they fixed that which likely fixed item usage), but if he can, either Cutlass/Gunblade or Omen could help with this.

h0tkarl

06-15-2010

you cant use items while channeling nunu's ult.

However, Rylai's Sceptre has a slow effect which directly stacks with both snowball's and absolute zero's slows

Whatev

06-15-2010

Wait, so what exactly is Pantheon's "position" while using Skyfall? I thought he was just off the map while inbound.

Fluffy1

06-15-2010

after pantheon has channeled he is placed at the target of his ult, but he cannot be hit till he lands and skillshots pass though until that time.

Chingmeister

06-15-2010

The best use of Pantheon's ult is to teleport to a tower with TF or Shen and just BD it. I dunno about using it in team fights.