Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

UI Mods

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

Recruiter

02-15-2010

So... when do we get the option to mod our UIs? This is pretty much a staple for any game like this, and doesn't require you to do much work. C'mon, Riot!

DeadRamza

02-15-2010

this would be nice...
they just leave the original one as a template and we can mod it as we want...
and them post it on the forum to share

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

02-15-2010

I would so love this. I kinda don't like the layout of the current HUD. I have only seen the old HUD in a few screenshots, but I think I would like it better than the one we have now.

Gagoloth

02-16-2010

it Would be nice.

humm Riot should promote UI mods. i would love to see something like (dota theme manager) For League of legends.

Mazurati

02-16-2010

i agree.. I hate having to fight people on the bottom of my screen. The UI is in the way. As a solution I had to keybind my camera pan options and also re-keybind my "lock camera" function so i can pan anytime i need.

HaCkMaN

Recruiter

02-16-2010

I think the possibility of modding the UI is far away in the list of priorities :S

Troma

02-17-2010

For RIOT to do something like this it could be simple. From a perspective they could release different UI's that cost a certain amount of IP or RP. What would be awesome to see is character based UI's. Not with like a logo or a picture of them but in relation to their background or style in general. I think it could be a great addition. Even put the selection in the q screen like a drag and drop menu.

Kassious

02-05-2011

Quote:
Troma:
For RIOT to do something like this it could be simple. From a perspective they could release different UI's that cost a certain amount of IP or RP. What would be awesome to see is character based UI's. Not with like a logo or a picture of them but in relation to their background or style in general. I think it could be a great addition. Even put the selection in the q screen like a drag and drop menu.

I don't doubt that RIOT could outsource a good chunk of the work to the community. You know, since we want to make our own mods anyway.

Also, when do we get forum avatars?

Nyoko

Recruiter

06-28-2011

HoN has an extensive modding and addon and UI available. I'm not sure why its so hard to support for LoL.

boourns

UI Designer

06-28-2011

I'd love to say this was easy, but it is definitely not. The UI system was not built to be scriptable or really very end-user modifiable. I think this was mainly due to time constraints. Changing this would basically require completely re-creating the UI. As a player, I would have liked to see this happen, but the decision was made long before my time. I think it has been very beneficial to the WoW UI, which has set a great example for future games.