Reginald's AP TF

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yasmin

Senior Member

03-26-2011

I just watched this on own3d because I was expecting an AP TF build which actually does something in a team fight. But even Regi was not able to do real damage with AP TF. Best he did was like 30 % HP with his double nuke on Shaco, who is not known to be especially tanky.

Is there any way to make AP TF a viable dps and not just a bd-machine? From my experience playing and watching high ELO streams, I doubt it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YYZed

Member

03-26-2011

Watch Jiji play DPS TF.

A ranged carry with a 1.5 second stun can actually kill stuff in certain situations; not just early/mid game ganks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyzard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmin View Post
I just watched this on own3d because I was expecting an AP TF build which actually does something in a team fight. But even Regi was not able to do real damage with AP TF. Best he did was like 30 % HP with his double nuke on Shaco, who is not known to be especially tanky.

Is there any way to make AP TF a viable dps and not just a bd-machine? From my experience playing and watching high ELO streams, I doubt it.
I know when I shaco i get pretty tanky.


Tankier than most squishies that is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yasmin

Senior Member

03-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyte Crawler View Post
Watch Jiji play DPS TF.

A ranged carry with a 1.5 second stun can actually kill stuff in certain situations; not just early/mid game ganks.
Jiji plays AD. No doubt AD can be nice. I was referring to AP though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carl Lazlo

Senior Member

03-26-2011

Ap tf is only good with other kiters on his team like ash/nid/lux/urgot if you have more of a team fighting team I would go with ad/tanky since they <3 to focus you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greyart

Senior Member

03-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzard View Post
I know when I shaco i get pretty tanky.


Tankier than most squishies that is.
No one ever sees sunfire GA thorn mail shacoo commin

OHHH YEAHHHHH


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crowlz

Senior Member

03-26-2011

not everyone is built for team fights

champs like shaco and tf excel at backdooring / pushing and people win games because of it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarknessOfLight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-26-2011

AP TF is all about utility and burst.
AD TF is all about sustained DPS with a little utility.
I find AP TF to still never be the best choice though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CurryMofo

Senior Member

03-26-2011

AP TF is really good in not so high ELO. I would go as far as to say more viable than AD TF in lower ELO brackets. You can kite much easier, if you get Deathcap and Rylais and a Sheen by 30 min (so easy to farm as TF) then you should be able to do a crapton of damage in a team fight.

The main thing that I see is that TF's always pick GC in a teamfight. I like to switch it up and go GC to interrupt someone or kill the initial carry, but then I usually pick blue or red for the damage. GC is nice, but then you are relying on WC and stacked deck/sheen proc to do most of your damage. I usually throw 1 gold to stun, get a hit or 2, throw WC then go to red card, which slows them enough especially with rylais. AP is also nice in lower brackets because the squishies that tend to stand in the back will have no MR so you can pick them off with WC, something which AD tf can't do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xandal

Senior Member

03-26-2011

AP TF > AD TF. Hands down. Anyway, AP TF brings an incredible amount of utility to a team and a pretty strong burst combo. DFG > Gold Card > Lich Bane > Stacked Deck > Wild Cards. I hit like a truck with that combo. And well, of course he backdoors like a boss still.


12