Legendary Skins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

B15H0P

Recruiter

03-25-2011

What makes Legendary skins "Legendary" exactly? Does every champion have one? If not, will every champion eventually get one? Responses to this noob's questions would be very much appreciated. Thank you

AkitaNeru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2011

Legendary skins tend to come with additional/alternative voices, alternative animations, and epic in-game models.

Note that I said 'tend to', because there are a couple exceptions to that.

Legendary skins also cost a whole lot of money.

ABasketOfPuppies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-25-2011

Legendary skins are seriously hard to get your hands on. You have to do certain things to have the ability to just purchase a legendary skin, and I dont think all champions have one. Still, these things are crazy expensive and in my mind totally worth it! >

Danmal

03-26-2011

Legendary skins have something 'extra' which set them apart from other skins. As time goes on however some legendary skins appear less then legendary. Magnificent Twisted Fate is a good example of this. magnificent TF was one of the first legendary skins released and is just a model change. There's no new sound effects or particle animations at all. However at the time most skins were just simple recolours which meant that the detail that was put into his reskinning was what made him legendary. Sadly most skins now have similar if not more changes then TF.

Generally with new legendary skins you can expect the following
*New model
* New sound effects and/or particle animations
It's best to view a youtube video of the skin in question before buying as they're quite expensive and you don't want to buy one you wouldn't like.

NiceSPDR

03-26-2011

Legendary skins i guess have already been explained here so just to put a price to it, it is around 1800rp aka. 15 bucks

Scarbutt

03-26-2011

1820rp exactly on all legendary, i have the mundo one, but i never use him u_u

clerica

03-26-2011

Not all champs have legendary skins, but they are slowly releasing them. So hopefully there will be one for all champs in the future.

And yeah magnificent TF is probably the most lackluster legendary skin right now, some of the newer 975 rp skins for other champs are of better quality. I own the skin but I rarely use it.

Aalis

09-30-2011

I beg to differ on saying that the TF skin is the most lack-luster. Wanted to throw my laptop after spending the money of Annie in Wonderland. I was hoping for more references than just the recoloring that they gave her. I was seriously disappointed. No new voices, no new animations, the only difference in it and other skins is that they redesigned tibbers, but even frost fire has him recolored now. So, yeah, Annie in Wonderland is, in my opinion, the most lack-luster.

zoodude254

10-16-2011

Wouldn't the legendary skins be the ones you can only get at certain events? Just because its "expensive" like Blitzcrank's Piltover Customs and such, doesn't mean its epic. Should the ones given out at say, Comic con and PAX be legendary? if not, what category do those fall into?

Snorky420

10-16-2011

How is Annie's frost fire skin not legendary? New particle effects, models, sounds..etc.