Kayle Re-work

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shenalia

03-25-2011

I can answer all of these in one simple phrase, honestly, but since Shu asked us to keep the format:

1) What is the #1 thing you like about Kayle?
Righteous Fury's concept. Turning her from melee to ranged, and having an AoE on an auto-attack, is awesome, but...

2) What is the #1 thing you dislike about Kayle?
... having it be unavailable so often sucks, badly, and forces Kayle players to rush and rely on mass CDR, restricting potential item choices.

3) What do you expect to come of Kayle's re-work?
I'd hope for a stronger definition of her role(s) in the game; she does so many different things right now (a heal / buff, a nuke, an awesome "steroid", and a defensive ult) that she doesn't really jump out as... having a definitive purpose.

4) If you could change one thing about Kayle and only one, what would you change and why?
Only one? Change her E into a toggle, similar to Sivir's ricochet, that costs mana per swing.

IamGrimm

03-25-2011

Interesting, following this closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
Hi guys,

I want to determine how people feel about Kayle. If you guys could fill out the following information and post it in this thread I'd appreciate it.

4) If you could change one thing about Kayle and only one, what would you change and why?

Thanks!

-Shu

Note: Please write your feedback according to how I have it displayed above or I will not read it. Thanks!

1. I like being able to end up hard carrying. If it goes well, I'm unstoppable. If I do bad, I become a support bot that will eventually rise to carry status anyway. Being a supportbot isn't a negative point either. It means she has a lot of potential.

2. Needs the farm bad and is easily kept from last hitting.

3. I do hope nothing much changes. Her kit is fantastic. But some tweaks in the right direction are much obliged. I can't really tell what I expect to see changed, because I'd probably be wrong about that.

4. Laning phase. With emphasis on mana costs. Q should keep the damage it has. It's a nice skill that you gives you a choice before you cast it: "Does it cost me too much mana? Or will it have positive effects?"

Whyumai

03-25-2011

Quote:
Hi guys,
Hi.

Quote:
I want to determine how people feel about Kayle.
Remember when the Test Realm was used for things like this? Heh.

Quote:
If you guys could fill out the following information and post it in this thread I'd appreciate it.
Roger.

Quote:
Her skins. Silver Kayle and Unmasked Kayle look great.

Quote:
Her Ultimate. The duration is so short many of my team mates don't even realize it was cast at all. Hard to feel it's a clutch save if no one notices it was used!

Quote:
Probably changes to her ultimate. I'd shift her ultimate to that it's damage reduction and cc reduction based on how much health you have lost. levels increase duration, decrease mana cost and cooldown.

Quote:
Her Ultimate, it feel really lacking to me.

Quote:
Thanks!
affirmative.
Quote:
-Shu
- Whyu.

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
Her new dance.

Her old dance.

More dancing.

See above.

Trillius

03-25-2011

1. I like that she can be heavy support or do heavy damage, sorta like Lux.
2. I hate that she sounds and looks like a man.
3. Probably make her more viable in damage, she's kinda item reliant.
4. Make her ranged and increase her ult time.

PainfulStupidity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2011

Her wings on Silver Kayle are cool.

Her skins are disappointing.

More focus on the support aspect, better healing, an ultimate that doesn't suck. Maybe make it so she can cast her ult even while under crowd control, silenced, stunned, etc. On top of that, buff it. Longer ult time pls.

Copy pasta: More than likely I'd make it so her ultimate could be casted even while under the effect of silence, crowd control, etc. This would actually make the ultimate not suck and able to be viable in situations where she's getting her ass handed to her. This would allow her to get away even while getting raped.

Mhm916

03-25-2011

1. Fills a niche role
2. Her little flame blade that she's got going on literally requires her to force cool down reduction into her build to be effective
3. E button become some sort of toggle in the form of something like Taric's or Swain's ultimate. Her ult having an increase of .5~1 second.
4. Don't have anything mind at the moment, if I do, I'll edit this post.

NeonSpotlight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2011

Her role as an offensive support

How many different stats she needs to juggle and the gold she needs to be a contributing member of the team

Less dependency on multiple stats and maybe a little more support

I would change her Righteous Fury to be a toggle or give her more benefits when it's not active.

Drediviros

03-25-2011

Quote:
Hi guys,

I want to determine how people feel about Kayle. If you guys could fill out the following information and post it in this thread I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

-Shu
1) Awesome item scaling and clutch saves w. ult

2) Heavy mana dependence early game, squishyness, being partly melee due to not being able to toggle E

3) Possibly one or more of these issues addressed

4) Maybe mana costs could be lowered

But I'm no designer; I'm not completely knowledegable about the best course of action.

blackman inc

03-25-2011

1) What is the #1 thing you like about Kayle? The presence of her knowing she can save people and make O SHI... plays

2) What is the #1 thing you dislike about Kayle? Her slow is just meh, I feel she is a support champion so why does she ned to do more damage when their slowed by her

3) What do you expect to come of Kayle's re-work? More defined role

4) If you could change one thing about Kayle and only one, what would you change and why? Overall a better support role, all the other 450champions seem quite good but kayle is a hybrid that is lacking in everything