Xsplit frame rate loss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MinistryofPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-24-2011

I've been tinkering around with xsplit today trying to get a playable stream available, and I'm noticing a considerable frame rate drop from about 110 FPS while in windowed mode to 30 FPS just from opening xsplit.

Does anyone know if this type of loss is to be expected? Or are some other things that I could/should be doing to boost my own FPS?

tomstone123

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2011

you have a 120 FPS monitor?

GunnaGitcha

03-24-2011

From my understanding xsplit completely eats up processing power, thats what kills the FPS. make the xsplit a high priority in your task manager/upgrade CPU

Incineration

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstone123 View Post
you have a 120 FPS monitor?
Really, dude, just stop.

MinistryofPain

Recruiter

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnaGitcha View Post
From my understanding xsplit completely eats up processing power, thats what kills the FPS. make the xsplit a high priority in your task manager/upgrade CPU
See I thought the same thing, but when I switched to the task manager my CPU usage was something like 30%. I haven't tried making it a high priority though, ill try that.

But does anyone else have any suggestions?

MinistryofPain

Recruiter

03-24-2011

bump

Reidan

03-25-2011

use shiftwindow

JunkRamen

03-25-2011

I get reduced framerates while streaming and recording, but not just for having xsplit up. Compared to Procaster it does use up a lot more resources.

MinistryofPain

Recruiter

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidan View Post
use shiftwindow
I do use shift window to get the window to be maximized on the screen while still in windowed mode and get about 110 FPS in it when Xsplit is not running.

MinistryofPain

Recruiter

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
I get reduced framerates while streaming and recording, but not just for having xsplit up. Compared to Procaster it does use up a lot more resources.
I don't quite understand why it reduces my framerate while just having it up either. But curiously when I do stream it doesn't seem to get much (if any) worse.