Xin'zhao masteries/skill build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

timbalatHobnaker

03-24-2011

I play Xin'zhao and can't seem to do any damage, but when I play against a good one it's like their ult/autoattacks hit 3x harder than mine at any point in the game.

Anybody mind giving me a few pointers?

DarkRonin00

03-24-2011

Armor pen red, armor pen quints, dodge yellow, magic resist blue. 21/9/0, Ghost ignite. Build Yuomoos + SoTD, Heart of Golds build like 2. Get a banshees. Black cleaver if needed, otherwise last whisperer.

Star Piercer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2011

Black Cleaver over Last Whisper in my opinion. You want that AS boost. I really say get some AS Blues. Xin can do some heavy dps.

Leopold V

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2011

I'd be happy to give your tips on how to Xin Zhao. I main him!

I build him a bit unorthodox. I go 11/6/13. But, you can basically build him any way. I like going into utility for the EXP masteries as well as the increased jungle buff duration. Any mastery build is fine really, even 9/0/21.

Runes, I rune Armor pen Reds and Quints, Mana regen/5 seals, CDR blues.

Spells, I go Flash Ignite. I used to go Ghost ignite, but flash is so valuable for going over walls to survive.

I build xin tanky-dps.
Items, I go boots + 3 pots, brutalizer, merc treads (or zerker greaves if other team doesn't have too much CC), then I build chain vest, negatron cloak. I then finish yomuus (move it to the first spot!) then I build sunfire cape. Finish off banshee's veil. Build a frozen mallet next. I suggest going giant's belt first, but you can go phage first if your team is doing really well. I'd finish the build with anything honestly. If you're team isn't doing to well and you need survivability, GA isn't a bad idea. More damage? Build a Black Cleaver.

Abilities, I go E Q W E Q R. After that, I alternate between E and Q getting R whenever you can.

I might get flamed for being weird, but whatever. I normally do really well.

Last few things: Laning with someone with a stun or who can initiate well (blitz and taric are Xin's BFF's) is really good. You can get a really early kill with that. Last hit. Always last hit. Learn it, be pro.

zyklonbread

03-24-2011

i like 11/0/19 actually. max crit chance, cdr, and armor pen,
goals include cdr, buff duration, and move speed in utility.

Core build should be mercs(usually) sotd, and ghostblade. Maybe follwed by another brutalizer, then survivabilty (loving atma + warmogs right now)

Afro Horse

03-24-2011

u rly need armor pen runes and 21/--/-- to do any real damage as xin

The Tricks

03-24-2011

i only play him when i know i have a solo lane

i run AD quints, armor pen reds, mana regen yellows, magic resist blues
21/0/9
start with cloth armor and hp pots

i like wriggles, brutalizer, merc treads, sotd maybe a youmuus and a bv

Leopold V

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Horse View Post
u rly need armor pen runes and 21/--/-- to do any real damage as xin
Lol, what. You can get ghostblade only and rape on xin.

CASHEW PEANUT

03-24-2011

Flash and exhaust/ignite, depends on which you like better

attack speed runes.

max out E, then Q(that extra damage will help mid game)

E>R>Q>W, then E again if they being hoes and flashing away or something

Q when ever possible, but not E. at low ranks it has high CD and costs alot of mana, so it's best to use it to chase rather than initiate.

starting item for lane is boots and some pots skill is Q or E, for jungle is cloth armor and 5 hp pots skill is W

Build attack speed 1st (Phantom dancer, madreds, etc), then more into damage(Black Cleaver and Infinity edge) and frozen mallet late game. Banshee's veil is a must on him.

-Not that experienced Xin player (don't own on main account) but I do well on alts

Dr PhantomX

Recruiter

03-24-2011

21-0-9 (for more XP [gets you your burst damage faster] and 1 point in utility mastery for your red buffs).
Armor Pen reds, Mana Regen/level yellows (I play pretty aggressive in lane and open with Cloth + 5 pots so this works for me), Flat MR blues, and for Quints you can run whatever (HP, HP/5, Armor Pen, Movespeed all work nicely).

Start with one level in Q then go R > E > W > Q [Slow improves with level and the burst on Charge is only slightly less than Q when maxed out plus it's delivered instantly (and does Magic Damage, making your burst more effective early game since the rest of your damage is Physical)]

Rush Brutalizer and boots, then maybe a HoG/Avarice Blade/Negatron/Merc's depending on what you need (if you are surviving fine and winning lane easily/no CCs on opponent grab Youmuu's earlier instead). Finish your Youmuu's and Merc's if you haven't already then grab Catalyst. From their finish Randuin's or Banshee's as needed.

Once you have Youmuu's, Mercury Treads, Randuin's, and Banshees you have your core. From there you can build another damage item if you are very survivable or another defensive item if you're having trouble staying alive. If you get destroyed the moment you charge in anyway and they have a lot of armor, grab a Last Whisper to maximize your Ult Damage, if you last most of the fight, grab a Cleaver. If they don't have a lot of Armor you can grab a Sword of the Divine instead for the flat armor pen.

Buy red pots during laning phase as needed and elixirs if you need a little extra oomph to win teamfights. If you can grab a solo lane against their ranged carry do it, and start being aggressive with your cloth and 5 pots at level 3ish (with level 2 charge); try to keep your opponent's creep wave small so they don't destroy you.