Is LoL fun?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WilsonK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2010

I'm not here to complain like a baby or anything like that, I just want to share my toughts with you and discover if i'm the only one who have the following opinion, or not.
First of all, i'm a normal lvl30 summoner player, not good, not bad, 314 victories, 269 defeats, it's +- 700 games played.
Why I told you my ratio? Because with 700 games I imagine that the MM already found my ELO, right? Well, i really hope not, because if it did, and that's how the game works, it's time to ask myself where is the fun:

-If I solo queue, on 90% of time I get (sorry the words) COMPLETE ******s on my team that feed like hell or leaves the game(problably 7 in each 10 games I see leavers); or my team wins in 25~30 minutes against this same feeders/leavers. How many good games i had on my game-life? Maybe 30~50 of 700.
Loosing is not fun, it can be lesser boring if you play a good game, but that's not the case in the 90% games I told you about. Winning against this kind of players is not fun either, I don't play for victories/defeat, all I want is a fair game. Maybe the final words in all games should be bg, and not gg.

-If Im on a pre-made with my friends (players with similar ELO), I got raped 95% of time, I've already said i'm not good, but whatahell is it necessary to put my ELO so high when i'm on premade? I mean, is that a balance?

-If I got a pre-made with "newbie" friends, for fun, we got raped too, and it's obvious.

So where is the fun to me on the game? I really don't know anymore, playing solo is a disaster, playing with friends is even worse, I can't play with my friends because i'll be raped on the game.
Once more, i'm not complaining about 1 or 4654 defeat(s) I got, I do have 50+ victories, the point is that even winning on this game is becoming extremely boring.
I'm not critizing Riot, it's a great game with an even better development team, the problem is on the MM (I guess there are tons of topics about this) and the leaving impunity.

So, is it just me or you guys feel this sometimes too?

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2010

I go back and forth. I hate solo Q, but my job / life is demanding enough, I can't make time to find/play with a regular team.

I do play with smurfs on some weekends with RL friends who new to it -- and that is fun, albeit games can be disasters

XipXoom

02-14-2010

When I find a game that I previously really enjoyed gets boring I tend to teach it to people who are new to it. Seeing it again for the first time through their eyes always refreshes me. Plus in the teaching, you learn yourself and will become a better player.

Cryaotic

Recruiter

02-14-2010

in my experience i will rage often but no matter what i still come back to the game and have as much fun as i did my first day.

Few games have this kinda effect on me, and i have to give it props!

WilsonK

02-14-2010

I hope "smurf" is not the awnser to my question, I really do.

IMSavior

02-14-2010

LoL isnt fun..but it is

the style of game is one of my most hated style of games ever (dota..hon..LoL aka AoS style game)

but yet it just keeps drawing you in like some drug

PaxFan

02-14-2010

match making is constantly being worked on it has seemed better for me the last couple of weeks but improvements are being worked on

3rdWorstPlayerNA

02-14-2010

I solo queue probably 98% of the time and still manage to have fun, even in the horrific losses. At least they are over fast and somehow I find a way to chuckle at it. Then again, the fact that I'm usually knocking back a couple beers while playing just might help.

WilsonK

02-14-2010

haha, nice idea...

jmccaffrey

Master Recruiter

02-14-2010
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Your win loss ratio will approach 50% if you are a normal player. Players on the edge of the ELO spread will have different results due to a less pure population in their bracket. Your win loss ratio is about what it should be. In a fair game you WILL lose some of the time, its not fair if you don't, is it?

12345 ... 8