Master Yi changes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperStomper

03-24-2011

Quote:
Alpha Strike:
Base damage remains the same.
Level 1 - 150 bonus damage to 1 minion.
Level 2 - 150 bonus damage to 2 minions.
Level 3 - 225 bonus damage to 2 minions.
Level 4 - 300 bonus damage to 2 minions.
Level 5 - 300 bonus damage to 3 minions.
Quote:
Meditate: 30 Cooldown. 1.25 AP ratio.
Level 1 - 100 Health over 3 seconds. 100 Ar/Mr
Level 2 - 200 Health over 3 seconds. 150 Ar/Mr
Level 3 - 300 Health over 3 seconds. 200 Ar/Mr
Level 4 - 400 Health over 3 seconds. 250 Ar/Mr
Level 5 - 500 Health over 3 seconds. 300 Ar/Mr
Quote:
Wuju Style: 40 Mana 20 Cooldown.
When activated gives double bonuses for 10 seconds.
10 damage and ability power.
15 damage and ability power.
20 damage and ability power.
25 damage and ability power.
30 damage and ability power.
Quote:
Highlander: No changes, it's a beast.
Quote:
Double Strike: No change, it's fine.
=== EXPLANATION ===

Alpha Strike in it's current form makes for random jungling.
Master Yi is not an awesome ganker, so I think giving him consitent jungling power will not ruin the game.

Meditate currently is terrible in combat and great out of combat. Stuns are too strong against it and it's too strong against characters without stuns.

Wuju Style is probably the most boring ability in the game. I didn't really improve it much, but now it synergizes with Meditate and Alpha Strike and has a slight early game nerf to the damage bonus to compensate.

His ultimate is good. I personally love & hate how Master Yi steamrolls or gets rolled. I thought about changing the cooldown reset mechanic, but the only thing I'd change is make it fully reset on assists. Right now I feel like I have to KS with Yi in order to do well in a teamfight.

Blonde Guinsoo

03-24-2011

his current skill names are lame

edit: you're removing 15 AD ( from current 105 AD) and giving him a total of 90 AP for refreshed wuju style

SuperStomper

03-24-2011

His skill names are just fine.

Alpha Strike is awesome
Meditate fits perfectly
Highlander sounds cool
Wuju Style fits perfectly
Double Strike fits perfectly

ToHiGhToCaRe

03-24-2011

I know I'm in the minority here, but I like how he is. Having Alpha do a set amount of damage would kind of ruin him for me, and the Wuju change would actually hurt his early jungling. The way I see it, if you rely on Alpha Strike proccing to make it through your first run, something is wrong, whether it be runes/masteries or your path. Past your first run through you should be able to clear with great speed even without Alpha proccing.

Edit: Explain your downvoting please.

arlakon

03-24-2011

He's fine

Leave him alone, please!

SuperStomper

03-24-2011

He's not fine. Anyone 1500 elo+ knows this. He's hard countered by stuns. He needs some slight changes.

He's not a good jungler. With runes and masteries perfectly setup (I have armor pen reds, AS quints, armor yellows, and mana/lvl blues) 21/0/9 he can BARELY make it through the jungle. Any counter jungling and he'll instantly die as he has no escape move early. He's only good at invading the enemy jungle if he gets a lucky alpha strike proc. He's one of the worst gankers.

I don't see how he's fine. Especially with Nocturne coming into the game.

ToHiGhToCaRe

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStomper View Post
He's not fine. Anyone 1500 elo+ knows this. He's hard countered by stuns. He needs some slight changes.

He's not a good jungler. With runes and masteries perfectly setup (I have armor pen reds, AS quints, armor yellows, and mana/lvl blues) 21/0/9 he can BARELY make it through the jungle. Any counter jungling and he'll instantly die as he has no escape move early. He's only good at invading the enemy jungle if he gets a lucky alpha strike proc. He's one of the worst gankers.

I don't see how he's fine.
Strelo/ItzWarty would like to have a word with you.

And you forgot to mention that his clear is among the fastest after his initial clear. Stuns can be negated by QSS or Cleanse, and his invasion is actually pretty decent due to that speed. As for ganking, there are several junglers who have a weakness in ganks, but if your team knows what they're doing, you should have a champ with a slow/stun in every lane to make ganking possible.

Again, let's downvote true statements without providing any basis of a debate! Trolls, I tell ya...

HeIla Jax

03-24-2011

lulz strelo is bad

ToHiGhToCaRe

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeIla Jax View Post
lulz strelo is bad
1850 elo playing almost exclusively a champion that is supposedly underpowered. You're right, he's ****ing awful.

Gotta love contradictions.

SuperStomper

03-24-2011

You forgot Wicked. I've seen those Yi players in action and they are awesome. I've also seen people do well with Gangplank at high elo. Those champions still need to be changed.