A New Champion Approaches - Lee Sin, the Blind Monk

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

scratchy07

03-24-2011

This better not be a prank...i bought rp for this dude already and ill be sooooo mad. He look awsome though hopefully not a prank sweet chuck noris roudhouse kick ultimate.!

VaygrEmpire

03-24-2011

Expect the Unexpected? well, that sounds like...Blink Monk is going to be April Fool's Joke, and instead of releasing him, Riot will release Urf the Manatee. Now that would be "Expect the Unexpected"

Also, don't you guys think his abilities are too good to be true? Let's see...he has 3 cc (tempest, cripple, ultimate), lots of dmg, and even self-heal!

Urf the Manatee will come back from his grave, and Blind Monk will be dragged to the underworld by Urf.

Shiromaki

03-24-2011

Two champions approaches?

That would be really unexpected.

In case not...I wish you do something with urf and not just make him dissapear or be eaten again. Something Unexpected... lol

Ganjah

03-24-2011

and people thought nocturne was gonna be OP. wow this guy's skills are so insane. he better be hella squishy

VietBaoLong

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLubChu View Post
His ultimate= Chuck Norris roundhouse kick?
dude he is an asian... compare him to an asian at least.... aka bruce lee

ZeroSoulz

Recruiter

03-24-2011

URF IS ALIVE OMG WERE SO PRANKED that dude is to OP Hahah if hes out well DAm LIFE FTW

Elethier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2011

I think this is a joke. Yes, I wish it were true, but there's a good deal of evidence against this being true. Here's a list:

1) There is only 1 picture of Lee Sin using an actual skill, which means that Riot may or may not have created the animations for the others.

2) Urf is in the pictures, and as far as we know, he's not a playable champion.

3) See the towers in the screenshots? The statues are different. They're warthogs. This indicates the map in use is probably not Summoner's Rift.

4) Lee Sin's skillset has far too many elements in it that are usually niche skills for current champions. He has a percent health strike, a knockup, AND can activate lifesteal, spell vamp, and armor. Normally, a champion has only ONE of those skills, not all of them at once. It's too many skills, so Lee Sin is too versatile to be a balanced champion.

5) This is the most convincing evidence of all, in my opinion. Look at the very last screenshot posted. See the angle? Which tower is that? From the default angle when playing on Summoner's Rift, it doesn't look like any tower on the map. So that picture isn't at the default angle, which then means that these screenshots ARE NOT FROM IN-GAME. Most likely, one of Riot's designers took the models and put them into a scene, then took whatever pictures looked the best. Which then means that Lee Sin isn't playable.

Yes, I wish it was true, that we'd be getting Lee Sin and/or Urf. But from the screenshots, it's apparent that they're not from an actual playtest, which means they're not actually playable champions.

MetaISkin

03-24-2011

i hope this is true. I WANT URF AND LEE SINNNNNNNN

ry2k00

03-24-2011

man.. they are really going through with this.. +1 for the effort though..

Lvl 9 Scyther

03-24-2011

LIES!

P.s. Shouldn't his ult just be called the Chuck Norris?