Pantheon Item Build - thechamp531

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

champppy

02-14-2010

I've been playing Pantheon a little and have done beastly.

On the other hand, other people that use em have a very hard time to keep a 1:1 ratio.

Let me first say, Pantheon should be built for attack speed FIRST just like Jax. Attack speed is vital, I don't care if you have the best attack damage build, you will NOT kill hitting 1 hit per second or less.

This is the build that has worked and should be used.

Doran's Shield + Mana Potion

Pantheon is squishy, he is only saved with his block technique. You may say Doran's shield is newb, but it will allow you too stay in your lane for a long ass time to build up some items, and you would level up faster instead of teleporting back or recalling back and fourth.

Next buy: Boots (Movement 1) + Last Whisper

I'm not sure why DPS build does NOT have armor penetration such as Yi and other characters. Armor Penetration is more important than Infinity Edge unless you're playing as Gangplank.

Next buy: Upgrade to Berserker or Mercury Treads depending on enemy champions + the brutalizer

A good cooldown for your spells and armor penetration. He should be hitting 1.2-1.4 hits per second.

Next buy: Build Phantom Dancer or Sword of Divine, if your team is slightly winning I would build Phantom Dancer as you have more time, if not, I would build Sword of Divine.

Both good items to build for attack speed.

Next buy: Get the Phantom Dancer if you have been building for it, or go straight for Black Cleaver.

Once you get Black Cleaver, you should be annihlating people left and right. You will be hitting 1.5-1.7 per second for 300+ damage that penetrates MOST enemy champion's armor which is vital. This is why Infinity Edge is only important at the end of the game, because though it crits for 250% instead of 200%, the 75% critical damage will only penetrate its armor. So you're doing only 175%, similar too why if you Parley spam Gangplank, you would need Magic Penetration.

Next buy (if it last this long like one I played): I would get Infinity Edge (sell Doran's shield) and if I was destroying I would get a bloodthirster.

So final item BEASTLY build:

Phantom Dancer
Beserker Greaves
The Last Whisper
The Brutalizer
Infinity Edge
Black Cleaver

I have built this perfectly several times and have had 20+ kills and less than 5 deaths each game. It will only take you 4-5 seconds to take down a true tank build, with all the armor penetration and constant hits along with your stun and arrow. I usually pop my ultimate anywhere near a enemy champion whether its 2,3,4 just to annihlate them all. This build is not hard to get. You only need really is Beserkers, Brutalizer, Phantom Dancer, and Last Whiser. You HAVE to build attack speed first regardless. If you don't build exactly as I do, attack speed is a must. His "attack" is strong, but he hits slower than a lot of champions. So what is a good attack damage without speed, hence, why Yi was so good before when people didn't know how to counter with his ultimate.

Happy Pantheoning!

First ever guide/item build, so bare with me.

Other hints for people who are incompetent with other champions:

Shaco: Build Sheen
Twised Fate: Build Sheen
Nidalee: Build Sheen

And so on...

And please don't be an idiot who builds a attack speed/damage twisted fate. He was 10/12/9, but he could of been 30/2/26 like myself.

unregenerate

02-14-2010

i get heading toward a phage first. then sheen. then finish trinity force. once you have phage and sheen, you hit like a truck. trinity force finishes you off as a badass and then its just on to boots, black cleaver or last whisper (depending on your team makeup), bloodthirster and inf edge. i've only had one bad game with this build caused by a DC. with this build.... i feel pantheon is potentially OP. with a good harassing spear and well timed stuns, you should be getting first blood every time, providing it isn't given in another lane.

i also take exhaust and flash.

champppy

02-14-2010

Not sure, Phage + Sheen = Trinity are good items, but I don't think it would help you in the long run. Sheen is a good item, but not really necessary for him even if he stuns and hits. Most people I play against are good and all level 30's and they always have a stun characters, slow, etc... For example, what would trinity force/sheen/phage do if you have a Ryze in your lane, a annie in your lane, or anything else? Usually, after they stun, I would hit them two-four times in 2 seconds and kill them instantly. I'm not fond of Trinity Force because it doesn't carry the sheen effect. Problem is with your idea is his spear and his stun, that will no way kill anybody without a fed teammate in the beginning (maybe a red elixir + blue golem shaco)

I would use Ignite + Flash. Flash to get out of potentially bad timing/greed or Ignite too finish off a kill when the enemy runs by his turret. Ignite is a lane changer when properly used. I.E, fiddle uses his ignite instantly whether the enemy champions has full health or no health too get the 10+ AP early in the game from masteries. And just spams his crow to do 100+ damage each time it hits, early game that **** hits for a lot.

lobsterzilla

02-14-2010

1) no one who's not terrible thinks doran's shield is newb.

2) last whisper is all the a.speed you need early game. but other wise i agree. I had been stacking damage as high as possible for a while. And while I hit like a 10ton hammer, it made it difficult to push or do anything else. Either way I've found incorporating some attack speed earlier in my build has shown better results.

I like doran's

brutalizer

boots

last whisper

Black Cleaver

Blood Thirster

Phantom dancer

keftes

Recruiter

02-14-2010

1) Pick pantheon
2) Stack Bloodthirsters
3) Get Last Wisper
4) ???
5) Profit

Building pantheon just with ASPD is a recipe for fail (or just pubstomping).

Fbsunny

02-14-2010

I would much rather have a bf sword early game then a last whisper. With runes you really do not need armor penetration at all early game, and having a BF sword adds so much more to your spells, and actually increases your dps by more as well.

Here is a builder for a level 8 with BF and zerker greaves. Dps for 5s=647.52
Not only that but your spear throw will do 39 more damage, and your heartseeker will do 30 more damage.
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Panth...216b31e5fc930e

Here is a level 8 with last whisper Dps for 5s=617.293
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Panth...d467198718cd16

If we were to assume a fight at level 8, with 5s of dps, 2 spear throws and 1 heartseeker, the bf sword build would do 140 more damage. This is not including the enemies armor, but 90% of enemies at level 8 will have not have much more then 35 armor which makes the penetration on last whisper useless.

Lyrondak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2010

Attack speed is meaningless without attack damage.
Pantheon isn't an autoattack hero, he relies mostly on his abilities.
You sacrifice both his damage abilities by getting attack speed first.
You are much better off rushing a B.F. sword.
With just 1 B.F. sword your heartseeker can kill an entire creep wave at skill lvl 1.

I see too many people make the mistake of getting attack speed first without damage. Pantheon's skills all rely on his attack damage. He has no on hit proc so I have no idea why you would ever get attack speed first.

Siky

02-14-2010

AS Pantheon = fail. If you want AS, get it after 2 or 3 B.F. Sword items.

champppy

02-14-2010

Once again, this is a Attack-Speed than Attack damage build.

I just believe building Attack Speed first is crucial. Your auto-attack is strong when you can stun. I played against a Pantheon that had BF Sword first and I had last whisper. Guess who won? I did. I'm telling you the Last Whisper works perfectly instead of BF Sword especially early game. Most people have flash or exhaust. You have zero chance until after LVL 10 to kill someone near there turret without them being newb or you dying in the process.

Lyrondak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechamp531 View Post
Once again, this is a Attack-Speed than Attack damage build.

I just believe building Attack Speed first is crucial. Your auto-attack is strong when you can stun. I played against a Pantheon that had BF Sword first and I had last whisper. Guess who won? I did. I'm telling you the Last Whisper works perfectly instead of BF Sword especially early game. Most people have flash or exhaust. You have zero chance until after LVL 10 to kill someone near there turret without them being newb or you dying in the process.
Posting that you beat someone with a BF sword is a meaningless argument. There are so many factors that could affect the outcome, such as creep advantage. That said, the purpose of stunning with Aegis isn't even to autoattack, it's to use heartseeker. Try it sometime with just a BF sword, it works wonders.

P.S. It's very easy to get first blood with Pantheon once you hit level 2. Spear harass at level 1 then once you get level 2, spear, aegis, exhaust, spear and you most likely have killed them.

P.P.S. It's also very easy to get another kill at level 6. Use all your mana to harass, fountain, then Skyfall back. Exhaust + Flash to keep the opponent in skyfall, then aegis + spear should do the job if they are not already dead.