[Suggestion]Backdooring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troile666

03-03-2010

The problem here is that most of the people play roflstomps only, in that case, yes, backdoor is unfair, since you cant convince thats good for the tank to get a fortification, or anyspell for what matters.

PS: I played a lot of DotA championships in my time and never saw any rules of any kind sayint that backdoor its cheating.

zralf

03-03-2010

backdooring is a strategy, this is a strategy based game, live with it.

Redtah

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnomaly View Post
Ok so first of all, I have played DotA. I have played DotA for a long time. I have played DotA long enough to remember that in the original RoC versions of DotA, the ONLY way to win most games was to have someone backdoor. There is nothing wrong with backdooring. Backdooring is a viable strategy.

That said, I do feel that backdooring is a little too easy in league of legends with things like the teleport spell that allows you to teleport to wards.

In recent years, people have whined so much about "wahh wahh backdoor this and that" that the developers of DotA have felt it necessary to place restrictions in place that help out a team to DEFEND against a backdoor, but do not stop it entirely. I feel that this the correct way to go to keep what is a viable strategy usable without leaving it as easy as it currently is in League of Legends. For instance, in DotA currently, if you try and attack any building inside the enemy base without a creep (minion) also present in the base, then the building you attack will have some ridiculous regeneration. Mind you, it's still killable because it has REGENERATION, not invulerability. Given a strong enough champion, they can still drop it. This gives the team that's getting backdoored time to have someone TP scroll back and deal with the situation.

In my opinion, this is a fair compromise. If someone on the opposing team is strong enough that they can kill one of your barracks or towers through the regen, then they are strong enough that they had a chance of winning the game some other way.

The REASON that backdooring seems overpowered in League of Legends is because you have no buyable item that will quickly return you to your base. Sure, people will say that "oh you can just recall!" but recall takes 8 seconds, and I guarantee you, if you give my Yi 8 seconds + the time it takes you to walk to your tower, I will already be done with your tower, if not hafway through your inhibitor already. Sure, you can pick teleport as a summoner skill, but I feel that forcing someone to pick a summoner skill for the sole purpose of preventing one tactic is a little ridiculous.

Possible solutions: Implement teleportation scrolls: 2 second teleport to any allied building.
Implement teleportation boots: same idea, except bundled into an item that does something else.
Implement no-minion regeneration (as it currently is in DotA). I realize towers already get a little stronger with no minions around, but that sure as heck hasn't stopped me from backdooring with Yi when my team is in a pinch.
No teleport-skills allowed inside the enemy base without a minion also present. This would apply to gate, teleporting to wards inside the enemy base with the summoner skill, and Pantheon's ultimate.

So to conclude, Backdooring is a viable strategy, both in LoL and in DotA. Anyone who argues otherwise is a whiny little crybaby who can't deal with the fact that they lack the strategic foresight to realize that someone might backdoor them in a desparate situation and come up with an appropriate response. P.S. Get some vision wards and put them outside your base if you're worried about it.
I've said basically what you've said in a bunch of threads a bunch of different ways and people usually just flame me. Its nice to see there actually are other people out there who think theres something wrong with backdooring.

If they are going to leave backdooring in, they need to implement the ways you stopped in in DoTA, because backdooring in DoTA was like 1000 times harder then it is in LoL. And there basically nothing you can do to stop a backdoorer short of drop wards in your jungle and slot teleport to make sure you can still actually get there in time.

Fortify doesn't help inhibitors and I don't think I've ever seen someone come back from a game by backdooring. I usually see some team who is already winning just cement their victory. Should you really never have a chance to make a come back?

All in all if they maybe made towers a thing to be feared like they were in DoTA it wouldn't be so bad.

Redtah

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroniums View Post
If you can't click teleport in time to save a turret, you should not play games that are based on making well timed clicks. Sorry, but I stopped reading there.

EDIT: Decided to read the rest of your terrible post. Backdooring sets someone up for a 4v5, which means you should be able to easily win the teamfight, which even gaining one turret won't matter, because after you win the 5v4 rather easily, you can then recall and stop him from taking anything important as the other four people on your team kill 1-2 inhibitors. I don't personally recommend fortify, but stopping a backdoor once every 5 minutes should be plenty, especially with the aforementioned information.

EDIT2: If your team loses to a team with Master Yi on it, they won fair and square. They dealt with him being completely useless besides his one function of backdooring turrets. You actually let him get enough kills / creep klils to be powerful enough to backdoor turrets. This is your fault.
I don't know what terrible teams you play against that you can roflstomp them at their turrets even though they only have 4 people. If you leave one hero capable of backdooring in your base for the duration of a team fight, the tower is gone. If you leave them in your base for the duration of a team fight + Blue pill and the walk to the tower thats probably 2 towers or a tower and an inhib.

Who do you play against that you can just tower dive with your whole team and manage to kill all 4 of their team???

Trajik

03-04-2010

This whole backdoor QQ thing is getting seriously old. It's part of the game so deal with it, if you think it's so OP why don't you just do it yourself so you always win? You lot never moan when somone on your team does it and you win because of it, so quit whining when the tables are turned.

Craixis

03-04-2010

As much as I hate it, yeah, its fair...
I just hate it when we get to the point where we're barely winning team fights and that **** shaco hits the inhib and we can't get back to stop him... or Panth hits the nexus from behind while we're trying to chase out his allies.
I do kinda wish though the teleporting skills couldn't go into the FoW, but what can yeah do?

WoekoeWoekoe

03-05-2010

I played dota and no I don't agree. We gotta let this game lead it's own life and just copy random things from dota.

And if you don't like backdoorers and the riot team doesn't come up with a good solution in your opinion, go back to playing dota please...