[Suggestion]Backdooring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lowp1ng

02-24-2010

friggin ganking noobs are really annoying. the OBJECTIVE of each LOL game is to take down the enemy nexus, not to kill and humiliate that level 8 twitch with my level 30 singed full ap runebook as often as possible. that may be fun for some twisted minds that i often see at work in this game but it is not the objective in the game. if your team is soooo strong you will have no problem losing 1 turret and 1 inhibitor (and that is often a big MAYBE). i mean, you are dominating the entire enemy team and should still score a win without all the crying, can't you? well can't you? stop comparing to DOTA. i only see from the creators of DOTA here not DOTA 2. you have clairvoyance, you have fortification, or teleport chose those, or leave 1 man home to defend. it's easy. teleport is a great spell in all games and can be used in so many ways not just to defend against backdoor?? it keeps your absence from lanes to a minimum if you are not a feeder. it helps you push another lane's turrets or even flank a solo champion too far ahead in a lane.

RHINO Mk II

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURningSPoke View Post
PS: DOTA players should agree with this kind of statement
You killed all your support with this one line.

BroTaKaHiRo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaniol View Post
No.

"RIOT MAKE THIS GAME DOTA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - this is just wrong, if you can't handle backdooring then you suck.

Just look at your post :
"For instance...Enemy team is losing but their hero is strong,they will tend to backdoor n their team will eventually win"
Ok, so so far we know that enemy team is at disadvantageous position, so they employ a strategy to turn tables. They succeed because their execution of this strategy was superior to your defense vs it so you say that their good choice of strategy and it's good implementation is cheating. No, it is not cheating, cheating is using disallowed tricks to win, backdoor is allowed and there's no reason not to allow it.

There are way too many DOTA players who have this thinking that "if team is at an advantage they should win" but at the same time you follow the doctrine of never surrendering. Srsly, wtf...

This guy cleary backdoors himself. You can take any tank put some power on him and you can backdoor. That statement about if you can not handle backdooring then you suck is really stupid to say. Many heros can not be stop without an equivalent hero. Master Yi can backdoor and easily kill almost anyone in the game at level 18. How is it fair to defend a base when the whole point of the game is to push your lane and destroy the enemies base. Backdooring only follows one of those objectives. Backdooring is using the game machanics to get the win. Many professional leagues would say this is cheating. Having people win because they can sneak into an open base is really not strategy at all. That would be like if you were playing Call of Duty and you hide inside the wall, the player can be killed but it is extremely hard to kill. If you can not kill that user then you must suck... well at least that is what this guys statement is. LOL is going to lose many clients due to this issue.

BroTaKaHiRo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by XipXoom View Post
Riot has stated many times that backdooring in this game is a valid tactic. If they didn't want it they'd remove it. If you're unable to defend against it, that says more about you than the game itself. LoL is not DotA.

Besides, towers already get a fairly large buff when no enemy creeps are around.
As a programmer myself i have realized that the programmer does not always know what is good for the program. Riot has not evaluated how powerful they have created the heros compared to the base. How can you defend against Master Yi when he can 4 hit the tower, they takes less then 3 seconds to kill a tower. Tell me how your little teleport moves/specials will prevent this from happening. I dont even know why we are debating this subject, you cant convinve a "criminal" that he/she is truly a "criminal" so why point out the obvious here. Riot needs to fix this problem. Lets not point out the obvious there Riot.

BroForgotnglory

02-27-2010

So far people have tried to say, "teleport", "fortification" and "leaving someone at base" are counters to back dooring, but in reality, none of these are counters to backdooring.

First off all, by the time, a player can even click on the turret to teleport the turret is already dead. Secondly, fortifaction only gives a team 8 seconds of defence, once every 5 minutes. It's true this could possibly stop the first attempt, but the turret will already be near death by the time any reinforcement could possibly hope to get there. Thus, within the next 5 minutes, the 2nd backdoor attempt will annihilate that turret and then the inhibitor.

Finally, the "leaving someone at base" option is so stupid, that its hardly worth even replying to. Lets see, you want a team, to leave a player behind, setting them up for 4vs5 fights. Not only that, the player that stayed behind would be gaining 0 xp and gold, thus eventually making him underpowered giving him a huge disadvantage in the game, which will inevitably lead to the teams loss.

You can not honestly tell me, that backdooring is fair, when all the "suppoused counters" will make your team loose. Honestly, the only halfwayviable counter to this problem is for a helmerdinger to set up a gajilion turrets in base, thus making him useless on the battlefield.

LOL either needs to make turrets more difficult to kill or give players a viable option to counter this Unfair and downright cheating tactic.

Perhaps, the fortification could also heal the turrets, or perhaps make an item we can buy capable of healing the turrets, atleast that way, if an enemy team is getting dominated and backdoors, it slows down the oppressing team by forcing them to spend money to heal there turrets.

Hydroniums

02-28-2010

If you can't click teleport in time to save a turret, you should not play games that are based on making well timed clicks. Sorry, but I stopped reading there.

EDIT: Decided to read the rest of your terrible post. Backdooring sets someone up for a 4v5, which means you should be able to easily win the teamfight, which even gaining one turret won't matter, because after you win the 5v4 rather easily, you can then recall and stop him from taking anything important as the other four people on your team kill 1-2 inhibitors. I don't personally recommend fortify, but stopping a backdoor once every 5 minutes should be plenty, especially with the aforementioned information.

EDIT2: If your team loses to a team with Master Yi on it, they won fair and square. They dealt with him being completely useless besides his one function of backdooring turrets. You actually let him get enough kills / creep klils to be powerful enough to backdoor turrets. This is your fault.

brotherfrank

02-28-2010

Ah lala just played a game where my team was getting thrashed 10-30 kills. Game was at the 40th min
They were camping outside our bases and roflstomping any of us that got out (it was a team of ryze+twitch+shaco+fiddle+ashe).
They could have pushed and finished us any time they wanted but seemed to prefer farming us instead.

I had just escaped a team gank from our latest push and found myself in their side of their base.
The only remaining players on my team (2 had given up and were afk) was a twisted fate and a pantheon.
TF tped to me and pantheon arrived to us in a jiffy and we backdoored the one lane where we managed to take down a few towers.

We swifly proceeded to kamikaze the last tower of the lane and went straight for the nexus, the other team stupidly heading back to their own base rather then pushing our base (maybe they thought the 2 afk players were still there?).

They didnt make it in time and woaaah, the sheer rage and vitriol they threw at us "bg nubs" "you f***** noobs, we pwned you cheating f*****" "backdoor p*****" and other loveliness. One of them even saying none of us had the guts to face him 1on1, which is true, the twitch guy was killing us in 2 secs by that point xP But was great to see these players rage.

I love backdoor! More often then not my team is the victim of it, but for moments like this I love it and thank riot for having a way for mauled teams to still make a comeback if the other team is being too stupid with their advantage.

BroForgotnglory

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroniums View Post
If you can't click teleport in time to save a turret, you should not play games that are based on making well timed clicks. Sorry, but I stopped reading there.

EDIT: Decided to read the rest of your terrible post. Backdooring sets someone up for a 4v5, which means you should be able to easily win the teamfight, which even gaining one turret won't matter, because after you win the 5v4 rather easily, you can then recall and stop him from taking anything important as the other four people on your team kill 1-2 inhibitors. I don't personally recommend fortify, but stopping a backdoor once every 5 minutes should be plenty, especially with the aforementioned information.

EDIT2: If your team loses to a team with Master Yi on it, they won fair and square. They dealt with him being completely useless besides his one function of backdooring turrets. You actually let him get enough kills / creep klils to be powerful enough to backdoor turrets. This is your fault.

If you think you can teleport in time to save a turret, then you should stop reading topics about backdooring. I'm sorry but i stopped reading your terrible response right there.

EDIT: ANd no backdoorign does not set a team up for a 4vs5 because that team is fully aware of what there team mate is about to do, thus there main goal is to retreat and to be a distraction. Please, think before you respond.

EDIT2: IF the enemy has a master yi on it, how exactly are you suppoused to stop him from leveling up? Furthermore how is master yi completly useless? hes perfect for setting up ganks while he trains in the jungle, clearly your post had absolutly 0 thought put into it.

If there is some magical way to stop the enemy from leveling up, then please enlighten the rest of the community, because as far as im aware, theres always a way to level up. Unless ofcourse your dead.

Come back and respond when your actually willing to put thought into your response.

BroForgotnglory

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherfrank View Post
Ah lala just played a game where my team was getting thrashed 10-30 kills. Game was at the 40th min
They were camping outside our bases and roflstomping any of us that got out (it was a team of ryze+twitch+shaco+fiddle+ashe).
They could have pushed and finished us any time they wanted but seemed to prefer farming us instead.

I had just escaped a team gank from our latest push and found myself in their side of their base.
The only remaining players on my team (2 had given up and were afk) was a twisted fate and a pantheon.
TF tped to me and pantheon arrived to us in a jiffy and we backdoored the one lane where we managed to take down a few towers.

We swifly proceeded to kamikaze the last tower of the lane and went straight for the nexus, the other team stupidly heading back to their own base rather then pushing our base (maybe they thought the 2 afk players were still there?).

They didnt make it in time and woaaah, the sheer rage and vitriol they threw at us "bg nubs" "you f***** noobs, we pwned you cheating f*****" "backdoor p*****" and other loveliness. One of them even saying none of us had the guts to face him 1on1, which is true, the twitch guy was killing us in 2 secs by that point xP But was great to see these players rage.

I love backdoor! More often then not my team is the victim of it, but for moments like this I love it and thank riot for having a way for mauled teams to still make a comeback if the other team is being too stupid with their advantage.
This is one instance where backdooring actually seems fair, as the enemy team, refused to push forward, and just tried to farm leaving them wide open for it. In that situation the enemy team had plenty of time to end the game but didnt.

However, more often then naught, backdoors are normally unfair situations, taking a rather fair game, and completly destroying it. While i dont think backdooring should be completly removed, as it is now, something needs to be done about it.

heck i would even be satisified, if turrets just had highly increased damage during a backdoor, thus ensuring a death of the person who backdoored, atleast then the team that got backdoored, could react and attempt to rectify the situation.

So while i'm on the topic, im going to suggest, the radical idea of exploding anti backdoor turrets, waaaaaaiiiit for it........ with a death penalty! You backdoor a turret, and your going boom with an extra minute to think about what you just did.

This would even the playing field, atleast for a minute or two, giving the team that just lost a precious turret, time to attempt to defend and retaliate before the backdoorer spawns. I also believe this would be a fair, course of action, because more then likely, the backdoorer, will continue to backdoor, untill theres nothing left for him to destroy.

Ub3rGoob3r

Recruiter

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURningSPoke View Post
Ive had enough with backdoorers... In DOTA this was never allowed unless beyond 60 min/1hour

For instance...Enemy team is losing but their hero is strong,they will tend to backdoor n their team will eventually win

Its totally cheating I said!...
No, it's not cheating. It's your team not paying attention.

Quote:
Why not setting the tower 5 times stronger when our creep is way far ahead of the tower?
This is to prevent backdoorer and to ensure a fair game
That's a terrible idea. What if all your creeps are at our base, and all 5 of my team's champs are on your doorsteps. Your one turret, would then annihilate our team of champs.

Quote:
PS: DOTA players should agree with this kind of statement
I'm a former DotA player, and I completely DISagree with that kind of statement.