[Suggestion]Backdooring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BURningSPoke

02-13-2010

Ive had enough with backdoorers... In DOTA this was never allowed unless beyond 60 min/1hour

For instance...Enemy team is losing but their hero is strong,they will tend to backdoor n their team will eventually win

Its totally cheating I said!...

Why not setting the tower 5 times stronger when our creep is way far ahead of the tower?
This is to prevent backdoorer and to ensure a fair game
OR
We can try to be honest not to backdoor (which is the most bad suggestion choice to pick)

PS: DOTA players should agree with this kind of statement

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2010

If the enemy is losing that badly, you should be able to deal with said strong hero fairly simply. I may simply not understand what Backdooring is, but if I do (and I THINK I do...) then there shouldn't be a problem. You send two people to kill him, and it's fine. 1 hero can't just walk through your camp. However, I will admit that I've never played DotA, so I can't really comment on the similarities or differences anyways.

Liath

02-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pissfer View Post
If the enemy is losing that badly, you should be able to deal with said strong hero fairly simply. I may simply not understand what Backdooring is, but if I do (and I THINK I do...) then there shouldn't be a problem. You send two people to kill him, and it's fine. 1 hero can't just walk through your camp. However, I will admit that I've never played DotA, so I can't really comment on the similarities or differences anyways.
One hero can, his name is Yi Nasus Sion Twitch Teemo Warrick Singed Udyr

LiveBreatheOwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2010

Backdooring really isn't an issue. If your team has truly trumped the other team, then no backdooring is necessary. Just like splitting your team in order to push two lanes, having 4 members stay back while the carry destroys towers behind creep lines is a legitimate (and COUNTERABLE) strategy.

Viro Melchior

02-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveBreatheOwn View Post
Backdooring really isn't an issue. If your team has truly trumped the other team, then no backdooring is necessary. Just like splitting your team in order to push two lanes, having 4 members stay back while the carry destroys towers behind creep lines is a legitimate (and COUNTERABLE) strategy.
The big problem is that 4v5 can generally put up a good fight (if not win still). And if someone on the 4 team (or the backdoor bandit) has clairvoyance, stopping it from happening is quite hard.

I'm not for any changes beyond general buffs to towers to make them useful and less easy to chew through in 15 seconds by a single champion...
But there really isn't a "good counter" to a champion like Yi doing this. Tower damage is permanent. Killing Yi just nets you a bit of gold. And when he dies 5 times but takes out two inhibitors, it's worth it for their team.

Midreian

02-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liath View Post
One hero can, his name is Yi Nasus Sion Twitch Teemo Warrick Singed Udyr
You forgot Pantheon in that list. There has been times when I have used Pantheon's Ulti to backdoor a low tower, and I have had it done in return. It catches the other team off guard and forces them to either stop pushing or keep going and risk more base loss.

pandabear

02-14-2010

I agree that there should be some kind of backdoor protection. Often there are games where your team is winning but the other team backdoors and then you loose. Backdooring is not a skill it is cheating!

In DOTA there is backdoor protection where the towers heal when hit by a hero when there are no creeps around the tower.

Backdooring is cheating and you are a nub if you backdoor.

Kaniol

02-14-2010

No.

"RIOT MAKE THIS GAME DOTA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - this is just wrong, if you can't handle backdooring then you suck.

Just look at your post :
"For instance...Enemy team is losing but their hero is strong,they will tend to backdoor n their team will eventually win"
Ok, so so far we know that enemy team is at disadvantageous position, so they employ a strategy to turn tables. They succeed because their execution of this strategy was superior to your defense vs it so you say that their good choice of strategy and it's good implementation is cheating. No, it is not cheating, cheating is using disallowed tricks to win, backdoor is allowed and there's no reason not to allow it.

There are way too many DOTA players who have this thinking that "if team is at an advantage they should win" but at the same time you follow the doctrine of never surrendering. Srsly, wtf...

Troile666

02-14-2010

One of your team can always get fortification, gives you pleny of time to recall back and counter the attack. Backdoor will never be a problem in LoL since everyone comes with endless recall.

XipXoom

02-14-2010

Riot has stated many times that backdooring in this game is a valid tactic. If they didn't want it they'd remove it. If you're unable to defend against it, that says more about you than the game itself. LoL is not DotA.

Besides, towers already get a fairly large buff when no enemy creeps are around.