Fiddlesticks - Sunfire Cape

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KenLaszlo

03-24-2011

I think sunfire is a good thing to have when playing fiddle.
As said before, higher ult damage, more health and armour, better farming ablilty.
I think fiddles has crappy ap ratio to all his spells, so I dont build him heavy ap items, but the thing I focus on is magic penetration, then spend the rest of my money on items that give some ap (totally secondary) but also resist/armour/health.
So my bulid is Sorc shoes, Sunfire, Abyssal, Rylai, RoA (not used much lately), haunting guise (if i think the match ends soon). Thats my core, the rest is up to my enemies and the situation (if I must buy Banshee or not, etc.)
If I can afford to buy some luxury items, then I go more AP with idk rabaddon, but thats my least important attribute to focus on.
I think fiddles can usually be outshined late game in terms of dps, so his fear and silence gets more importance late game. I serously doubt that drain can turn situations just like early game, and there are a lot of situations when you must face the enemy with ult on cd. So to cast as many cc as possible in teamfights it's essential to be more tanky, you cannot solve this with cooldowns only. So strange item or not, sunfire fits well with my fiddle playstyle.

enforcerupu

03-28-2011

The thing with fiddle is that you have to build him based on how the game progresses and what champions are doing well on their team. I usually start with an Amplifying Tome then turn that in to a Soul Stealer (if I'm mid) or Morello's Evil Tome. Then I move to a Glaciel Shroud for a little armor, mana and the cooldown. Then the Death Cap and stack Archangel staffs after that. If the other team is stacking magic resist, I'll get a Haunting Guise also to counter that. If they've got a few high damage players causing havoc, I'll even upgrade by Shroud to a Frozen Heart.

Take that for what it's worth, I'm only at Level 18 right now and have a lot to learn, but using just fiddle in 5v5/PvPyesterday, I went a total of 138/16/53 using this build strategy.

Booterang

03-28-2011

it can work, but you are better off just playing a character like renekton or nasus if you intend to gear defensively. They possess the same aoe killyness that Fiddles does minus the squish factor.

mojozhu

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemmin View Post
Boots (varies)
RoA
Haunting Guise
Sunfire
Abyss
Abyssal
Sunfire
Frozen heart
Sorc boot.

Even if your ult is not ready, you will still be an asset to your team in terms of tankiness/CC/aura effect. With this build you can even initiate with Fiddle.

Pemmin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

@Booterang, Renekton and Nasus don't have the crowd control that Fiddle does, plus they are melee. Totally different styles. They really aren't at all played the same. I do see the point you are trying to make, but I'm wanting to play Fiddle.

PsychoSim

03-29-2011

I'll try this... sounds interesting!

Cuix

03-29-2011

Haunting Guise, Sorc Boots, and MPen runes/masteries. From there, Sunfire Cape has great survivability and damage, Banshee's Veil keeps their CC away, Randuin's makes them unable to escape ever forever, and you can just sorta sit there giggling while your team mops up the twitching remains. Throw in a Frozen Heart if you don't want to be a stunbot; the cdr lets you spam crows and drain infinitely (and by infinitely I mean a couple of seconds because it's so easy to interrupt).

tl;dr: Sunfire cape is good, yeah.

homeskilit

03-29-2011

fiddle should not be present in the team fight until it has already started. You should do your best to stay completely out of sight and Ult in once everyone on the opposing team has blown their cc.

Pemmin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

@homeskilit

Ideally, you are correct. But sometimes your team can't handle a 4vs5 and you need to join asap. A competent team will have warded and save their CC for you anyway.

Surrealist

03-29-2011

instead of sunfire, why not get rylais? seems to make much more sense.