Fiddlesticks - Sunfire Cape

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pemmin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2011

So lately I've been struggling, trying to find a Fiddlesticks build that I'm happy with. I find that building him straight AP I'm usually focused and killed in team fights, and if I build defensively I'm little more than a glorified Stunbot.

Then it occurred to me, why not get sunfire? It gives me armor, health, and additional damage when I'm in close quarters with Crowstorm. The sunfire damage will be increased with dread and Abyss Scepter that I'll likely be building.

I'd be interested to hear what anyone's thoughts are regarding this. My Current Fiddle build looks something like this:

Boots (varies)
RoA
Haunting Guise
Sunfire
Abyss

GloryBox

03-23-2011

I seen a Karthus do this to good effect, he was able to finish his build

Sunfire, Abyssal,RoA, Zhonyas,AAx2.

no he didnt use boots.

MageVortex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2011

It just strikes me as an odd item...Truly, as you already know, Fid is all about Timing. THE most important factor for him. Withthe correct timing, you won't be focused because you just feared the biggest threat to you with your fear, and are draining him as well, while the currently injured (now about to die to your ult) characters are running away from you doomcloud and being chased down by your team. Sunfire cape does definitely give survivability, but that shouldn't be your main concern if your tank and off tank are doing the job right.

That being said, the 3 times i've tried fiddle, i've done horribly. So what do i know? :P

Over 9000 DPS

03-23-2011

Banshee's Veil is CORE on Fiddle as it allows you to get your ult off without getting interrupted and drain without dying. Sunfire is a nice secondary defensive item if you're getting focused a lot. I get Boots of Swiftness to stay on people with my ult. Then build straight AP with the other items (Rabadons, Void Staff, Abyssal).

MysteryP

Recruiter

03-23-2011

My usual build is
- Boots (Sorc/Merc depending on the team)
- Zhonya's (I find is key to surviving, especially if they have only 1 or 2 stuns)
- Deathcap (since who doesnt want more ap)
- Banshees (find its needed on fiddle)
- RoA (good source of hp/mana/ap)
- Rylais/Abysal/Void Staff/Archangel (Rylais for survivability, Abysal if they have low MR, Void Staff if they have high MR)

Usually i can get out my boots, banshees, deathcap and zhonyas in a game though the shorter games i focus on boots, deathcap, roa... it all comes down to how you play and who you are facing though i dont think i would ever get a sunfire over an item better suited for casters (like rylais if you need the hp)

Pemmin

03-23-2011

I agree, Sunfire is an odd item for him...which is why I'm putting to the test here in the crucible . I don't think I've seen another Fiddle get it, but I can't think of a reason why it is bad.

Having the support of your tanks is huge as you said, but can't always be relied upon. If the enemy team is semi competent, and unfortunately for me they almost always are, you will be focused.

Pemmin

03-23-2011

Skittlez, if they are a heavy dps team what item would you get?

Prometheius

03-23-2011

Sunfire
Bveil
Abyssal
Randuin's
Sorc/Merc Boots

I find sunfire to be a really solid item on Fiddle. Why? It adds more damage to his ult, allows him to minion farm much easier, and gives him much-needed survivability.

I never build Fiddle as straight AP. Yes, timing is important, but it doesn't mean much when they CC and nuke your ass in 2s.

But then, I play tanky fiddle and can help cover my carries about as well as the main tank while still ripping into people due to damage from Abyssal and base damage.

Greyfeld

03-23-2011

I find that building AP items with tankiness already tacked on is the best approach. My core items:

Rylai's
Deathcap
Banshee

The boots I pick are dependent on my opponent's team (lots of CC gets Merc Treads, several tanky DPS gets Sorc, and if neither I pick up Swiftness). Situational items include Abyssal Scepter and Zhonya's, and my last item is usually either a Void Staff or Will of the Ancients, unless I still find myself dying for some reason, then i get Guardian Angel.

Full defensive mode, I'm still packing 400+ AP without runes or masteries, and the times when I actually need to do that I can probably count on one hand. Usually when I'm dying a lot, it's either because I'm not positioning myself properly, or my team is sucking it up, neither of which is going to be fixed by adding more damage mitigation. Generally, the extra health from Banshee and Rylai's is enough of a buffer to leave "squishy" territory.

Pemmin

03-23-2011

Greyfeld, only one of those items you listed has both AP and tankyness. I do agree that positioning is key, but Fiddle abilities all have pretty low range.