Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ezreal's basically just a better version of Gangplank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ldfhndfjkndh

03-22-2011

Build Ezreal like you would a critplank, and you basically have all the juicy nukeness of pirate without the scurvy.

Ez's Q applies on-hit effects, right? So stacking AD and crit means Ez can fire off 1k skillshot nukes every 3 seconds, just like Gangplank. Except the range is way bigger, the cooldown's lower (I believe), and most importantly, he can still contribute DPS between cooldowns since he's ranged, as opposed to pirate, where going in would mean suicide. Ez also has more spell spammability to activate sheen procs for more burst.

And as an escape mechanism, Arcane Shift>Remove Scurvy. And for a global ult? Ezreal's ult can deal 500s to clustered enemies, while Gangplank's is little more than a mere aoe slow.

Of course, Ezreal is much better played as a carry, but I'm just wondering. Does this mean Gangplank is an overall flawed champ?

Valthan

03-22-2011

I didn't think Ezreal's Q could crit... huh, go figure.

Booterang

03-23-2011

Gangplank is a melee carry, he cannot really compare to ezreals role. Gangplank is more of a niche character then ezreal as well. Hes great for passive lane control, farming, and random bouts of insane burst. Ezreal by comparison is far more mobile, but lacks gangplanks utility. He makes up for it with solid damage and long range skills.

Shosuko

Recruiter

03-23-2011

Does his q really crit?

Awesome - b/c I've been enjoying gp, and wanna unlock ez next ^_^,b

Unparallelogram

03-23-2011

Pretty sure Ez can't crit, but can lifesteal and apply on hit effects.

ldfhndfjkndh

03-23-2011

I've seen my Q crit a few times. Could've possibly been my follow up autoattack that made it look like it was my Q, but if it wasn't , then Gangplank would be completely overshadowed.

And also, Gangplank is definitely NOT a melee carry...lol. What in the world would make you think that he is?

Lughsan

03-23-2011

Quote:
ldfhndfjkndh:
I've seen my Q crit a few times. Could've possibly been my follow up autoattack that made it look like it was my Q, but if it wasn't , then Gangplank would be completely overshadowed.

And also, Gangplank is definitely NOT a melee carry...lol. What in the world would make you think that he is?

all his basic attacks are melee...

ViSiOnInG

03-23-2011

100% positive that ezreals Q does not crit. at all. ever. LOL ....

Rylis

03-23-2011

Yeah, just did a custom, got to 75%, no crits with Q

Icarus Penna

03-23-2011

Quote:
SBMaster86:
I didn't think Ezreal's Q could crit... huh, go figure.

this... also ^^ is the main difference between critplank spammable spell and Ez spammable spell.