Busy screen - HUD feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aussiedoc3r

08-21-2009

I find the screens at time can be very busy - with 5v5 hero battles and minions, lots of health bars all over the place i find it very difficult to locate my hero. Maybe having your own hero in blue, with teammates green and enemies red might help to see your own hero much faster

In addition to this i think having a little bar in the top left or right with your own health and mana would go a long way. I have many occasions not known i was getting smacked on untill i died due to the above reasons.

I admit ive only been playing LoL for a few days and maybe i will get better at reading the screen but these two areas i feel would make a lot of difference.

my 2 cents

xSPuNxx

08-21-2009

It takes time to get the hang of things in LoL. I had the same problem too, but that's why they binded space bar to which instantly focuses on your character. Its a lot like DotA when its packed with players. The rest is up to your macro skills.

Reflection

08-21-2009

Actually the real reason why u lost ur control of ur hero is the lack of the circle selection and the grouping that is so commonly used in Dota. This game theres no selection underneath ur hero and the only way to get ur hero focus back is to press space

JoonKimDDS

08-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiedoc3r View Post
I find the screens at time can be very busy - with 5v5 hero battles and minions, lots of health bars all over the place i find it very difficult to locate my hero. Maybe having your own hero in blue, with teammates green and enemies red might help to see your own hero much faster

In addition to this i think having a little bar in the top left or right with your own health and mana would go a long way. I have many occasions not known i was getting smacked on untill i died due to the above reasons.

I admit ive only been playing LoL for a few days and maybe i will get better at reading the screen but these two areas i feel would make a lot of difference.

my 2 cents
I think players' name are bigger problem than the health bar. It's super unnecessary to have player's name on top of HP bar. Why do we need to know who is controlling which champion unless there can be 2 or more of the same hero per team which is not the case in this game.

I think HP bar is necessary for strategic reason but name is totally unnecessary.