How do I carry ranged AD?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Immabot

03-22-2011

I've noticed, since beta, that recently AD carries are getting carried! At all ELOs. Well, I am a fan of LoL over HoN because you balance the game so well. But guess what?! You balanced it too well! And now there is no reason to be a squisy DPS over a squishy burst or a non-squishy DPS. I'm fine with this. Personally, I am a terrible ranged AD carry player. I prefer champions that actually do something for a team.

Disclaimer: Range AD carries are still required to win ranked games. But guess what? Sometimes ranged AD carries are picked LAST. Don't deny it, I've seen it in ranked games, and tournaments. If PHREAK says "I'm surprised they saved their AD carry till last pick, that is a risky move.", maybe it isn't risky at all. Maybe, you should boost the damage (not a lot) of underpowered ranged DPS. But, I'm not 2200 elo. I cannot wait till the pros start complaining about ranged DPS being last pick, possibly even avoided.

Prometheius

03-22-2011

You know how many SOLID ranged carries there are? Out of all the AD ranged champs, only one of them can't effectively carry a team when it comes to high levels of play.

Every other ranged AD champ all do the same thing. Hit hard, hit fast, and do it all while kiting like crazy.

ldfhndfjkndh

03-23-2011

Ranged carries are the definition of "carry." It's not uncommon for people to have a low opinion of ranged carries, simply because they are so incredibly team reliant. They have incredible potential, which is only unlocked through an organized, balanced team.

Many times I've fought AMAZING Ashes and Twisted Fates, get dominated by them in mid lane, then end the game seeing them with a score like 3-12 because their tank didn't know how to protect them.

AD carries generally get picked last, not because they're ineffective, but because they require a certain level of team coordination that 99% of solo queue teams just don't have. Thus, it's more relieving to see a Xin Zhao or Olaf get picked, rather than a Sivir.

malphismia

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
You know how many SOLID ranged carries there are? Out of all the AD ranged champs, only one of them can't effectively carry a team when it comes to high levels of play.

Every other ranged AD champ all do the same thing. Hit hard, hit fast, and do it all while kiting like crazy.
Which one did you have in mind? lol