Reccomended Tanking Runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dactylos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2011

To me it seems the runes for MR and armor seem to be... rather... pathetic. So for my tanking runepage I have filled out more utility runes.

Attack speed marks, Mana seals, and cooldown reduction glyphs. As well as flat health quints. Its worked for me, I use Cho'Gath who can benefit from all three.

But I cant help but wonder if I'm missing out. Are the armor and magic resist runes as pathetic as they look? Or do they make a difference.

RightfullyMine

03-22-2011

If you are aggressive early game then flat MR/armor do the trick very well. I find that per level MR/armor don't really work very well for tanks because later on you are a tank regardless because of your items. An extra 9 armor/MR don't really matter very much. It's only early game where you're not a tank, so every point of mitigation is important. However, if you're not aggressive early game then there's no point in them and I'd probably go for cooldown reduction or mana regeneration or something like that.

ViSiOnInG

03-23-2011

health quints
magic pen reds
flat armor yellow or mana regen/5 per level
MR/level blues

optimal laning tank runes, no question.

health quints good
flat armor is better early game(for creeps and auto attack harrassment)
MR per level is important because main first tank items are most likely armor + health (sunfire or heart of golds) and you'll only be getting MR from runes/merc treads
get catalyst for mana intensive tanks then turn it into banshees.

and yes the armor and magic resist runes make a HUGE difference.

Squeakums

03-23-2011

Look. Late game, no matter what runes you have, you won't notice a difference (as far as tanks go). Flat MR Glyphs, Flat Armor Seals and Magic Pen/Armor Pen Marks are the way to go. They really do help a lot early game. Toss in a Doran's Shield and you'll tank the hell out of anybody at low levels, when you need it the most.