Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Need help as anivia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Modevasion

03-22-2011

Ok, to start off I usually do very well with anivia up to mid 1350ish elo.

But i must be doing something wrong past midgame..

I usually dominate my lane, and have around 3 or 4 kills (and between 0 and 2 deaths) by 20 minutes.. I farm alright with her too.. but I've been noticing a pattern when team fights start; it doesn't matter if I arrive late like a carry, or arrive second right after the initiators... I almost always die if we don't smash them in team fights... and it doesn't matter if i start out 6 - 0, 8-0, or w/e... if I can't nuke people in one combo (get uber fed) I feel extremely team dependent... If my team hasn't been doing well themselves, I don't feel like i'm as much of a factor as i should be...

So I'm asking people for team fight tips with anivia.. coz I'm sure I must be doing something wrong here.

My build is usually doran's ring --> followed by either sorcerers boots, tear, RoA, or Archangels staff... the rest is kinda dependent on the other team.. If i'm getting nuked by magic i usually go abyssal sceptere... if everything is going good, i go for rabadon's deathcap. But the only core of my build is sorceres boots, and RoA.

Medusa

03-22-2011

When team fights start try and get a few people with Q. It should be somewhat easier since the enemy is either clumped or has their mind on something else. Also you can split up the fight with W to give your team a better chance and to perhaps wall off and protect them from the Melee. You will usually want to wait a bit to cast R since people keep moving around and it can be hard to predict at the start of the fight.

Kytora

03-22-2011

Not saying anything is wrong. Just throwing out my opinion.

I grab boots first and some pots. Finish my rod of ages first to quickly get the stacks and possibly tear afterwards if i am mana hungry / blue buff. In a team fight i tend to leave my R going when the fight starts and E whoever is low and aim my stun at the carry (detonate behind for double damage too (: ).

If your team is dying.. i don't think it's your fault if you're doing whatever you can though. Be sure to use your wall to save a teammate(s) and possibly trap an opponent for the kill, it helps a lot. :P

Modevasion

03-22-2011

Thanks for the tips

I usually open up with a flash frost if they're clumped.. but i'm wondering if it would be a better idea to wait till they go after our carry, then stun whoever engages him? I usually let my R run for a while if i get more than one sitting in it

And i usually try to wall off people that come to close when they harass... but I have a hard time using my wall to save my teammates coz they don't know when it's coming, and there's a good chance I do more harm than good... But yea, I could really improve on using my wall during team fights.. everything is usually so chaotic though i have a hard time processing everything X_X lol

Maxmatical

03-22-2011

Try staying back more. As anivia you're a high priority target, so the second you get within range you will be focused. The best way imo to go about it is to stay back and just focus on the person closest to you. This way you contribute to the fight without getting caught out of position. Most importantly never chase a champion, use your wall and let your teammates finish up the job

iCaughtEmAll

03-22-2011

Well the way i always start off is:
Boots+HP pots
Tear of the Goddess
Sorc boots
RoA

Then i either just build glass cannon with void staff/deathcap/archangels, or if i feel i need it i'll build a little sturdier with Abyssal/Zhonya's.

But to the team fight question, you really want to have your Tear built up and have blue buff most of the time. So you can just go in drop Glacial Storm, and either they sit in it, or if they try to run. Put a wall up sealing 2 or 3 of them in so they're stuck in the GS, and you can easily hit your combo, and your team can pick them off like nothing.

Modevasion

03-22-2011

I think that might be the problem, i usually try not to focus the beefier targets which are usually the champions closest to me, so i chase a squishy near the backline and get focused.. So, assuming a team that isn't out of position, I should still focus the one closest to me even though it's a tank?

And that's also an interesting point... I've stopped trying to open with my wall though, coz i mostly do solo ques where my team doesn't take my wall into account, so i end up sealing 3 inside, but 2 of my own team members outside; or worse lol. How do you counter this? Should i brief my team somewhere before the teamfight? Even though there's a good chance they still will go straight for the squishies in the back.

iCaughtEmAll

03-22-2011

Well, you should place your GS almost immediately after the initiation process. Then that should determine what the enemy team will do:

Option 1- They fight through the storm *pun intended* and you waste them with your combo while they are taking continous damage.

Option 2-They retreat, so you put up your wall trapping 2 or 3 from the rest of them team. Then you burst those down. It is very difficult not to trap a teammate on the other side of the wall, but the only way around it is communication and practicing your placement.

Remember, if you take 3 of them and they take 1 of you. You won that team fight. You can't really help it if a dps really got behind them. And if you burst the others down you might be able to rescue him in a 4 or 5 vs 2 situation.

NaughtyKookie

03-22-2011

I get tears, boots and then a RoA. From there, either a deathcap or build the archangels. (deathcap might change to hourglass depending on the situation as mentioned below)

anyway, when in team fights, i lay down my r right when people start fighting, i q into the giant blob or enemies and while they are stunned for that time, i place my wall to cut off as much enemies as i can without screwing over any of my teammates (so maybe 1-3 enemy champs) and i sit back, e like crazy and throw in my q on some of the more annoying champs to get that stun in.

If enemy tanks start chasing me, i back off while trying to stay in range of my r so it doesn't end and have that guy run around chasing me for a bit. It basically keeps him out of the fight. if my q is up as well, i would just stun the guy coming after me and my team will (i hope) gang up for an easy kill to make it a 4 v 5 if he pushes down too far. even if that guys kills me, I still have my egg (most of the time) which buys some time. If i notice i'm always getting focused by one or two guys, i might buy a GA and/or an hourglass because it makes me a bit more tanky and the revive plus egg and maybe plus 2 secs of invincibility will just buy you even more time to nuke them and have your team destroy the guy killing you.

Anyway, that's basically what i do. Doesn't always work and I do tend to die like every other team fight this way but we would almost always win the fight.

Also, with anivia, the best place to have a team fight is in the jungle. Your wall will block the entire path and if you trap one person, doesn't matter if their the tank, they will be mauled by your team and make the fight a 4 v 5 unless the other team runs.

Modevasion

03-22-2011

Good stuff guys,

I definitely try to lead the team-fights into the jungle; for exactly that reason. So I guess i just got to practice my wall placement a bit more; and not be afraid to use my wall during team-fights.

I'll try some of that stuff out.

Thanks for the help