tanking marks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuldan

03-22-2011

I love tanking, and having loads of fun with shen/rammus/singen/mundo/galio/morde/malphite/cho'gath/nunu/renekton/nasus (yeh i know, lots of semi-tanks)

the problem is, i feel rather weak. I've been running hp/lvl quints, dodge seals, mr/lvl quints, and armor pen marks. I often see shen/rammus (those 2 especially) soak up way more damage early/mid game then i am able to do (often with same items and skill builds). skill level has something to do with it (dodge damage, ability usage, better farming), but i might wonder if it is smart to replace my marks with secondary defensive runes, and replace my seals as well, since i hardly at all get ninja tabby anymore.
i would love to hear your opinion before i spend my ip, so fire away with your ideas of how i could become a better tank >trough different runes<

thatsmyfetish

03-22-2011

I've found that for me magic pen marks are great for rammus/amu, it is very hard to ignore someone who is doing 1,000 points of damage to everyone on your team, or draining a decent percentage of your teams HP each second.

I would suggest flat armor seals for rammus, that extra damage on both auto-a and dbc is nice, especially in the jungle.

Nihles

03-22-2011

Magic pen is also amazing for Shen and malphite, 90% of Shen's damage is coming from the burst off his passive+Q. Same with Malphite, his Q and E hit much harder during laning phase, and if you are properly tanking you shouldn't be following people around making continuous autoattacks (the only situation where ArPen is good on anyone)