Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

tanking marks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuldan

03-22-2011

I love tanking, and having loads of fun with shen/rammus/singen/mundo/galio/morde/malphite/cho'gath/nunu/renekton/nasus (yeh i know, lots of semi-tanks)

the problem is, i feel rather weak. I've been running hp/lvl quints, dodge seals, mr/lvl quints, and armor pen marks. I often see shen/rammus (those 2 especially) soak up way more damage early/mid game then i am able to do (often with same items and skill builds). skill level has something to do with it (dodge damage, ability usage, better farming), but i might wonder if it is smart to replace my marks with secondary defensive runes, and replace my seals as well, since i hardly at all get ninja tabby anymore.
i would love to hear your opinion before i spend my ip, so fire away with your ideas of how i could become a better tank >trough different runes<

thatsmyfetish

03-22-2011

I've found that for me magic pen marks are great for rammus/amu, it is very hard to ignore someone who is doing 1,000 points of damage to everyone on your team, or draining a decent percentage of your teams HP each second.

I would suggest flat armor seals for rammus, that extra damage on both auto-a and dbc is nice, especially in the jungle.

Nihles

03-22-2011

Magic pen is also amazing for Shen and malphite, 90% of Shen's damage is coming from the burst off his passive+Q. Same with Malphite, his Q and E hit much harder during laning phase, and if you are properly tanking you shouldn't be following people around making continuous autoattacks (the only situation where ArPen is good on anyone)