Olaf Questions =)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrDoomMD

03-22-2011

I just recently bought Olaf after a Olaf owned my squishies in a normal game where i was tanking as Malphite (my ult had no effect =\). This Olaf played as a jungle which is what im trying to accomplish. In the game (where i was malphite), i had gotten first blood on kayle but not soon after Olaf finished me off coming from the jungle with both buffs at level 3. I was level 3 at this time also, even though i wasnt soloing the lane im wondering how to get both buffs and gank at level 3. I have a pretty standard rune set for jungling, Armor Pen Quints, Armor Pen Reds/Attack Speed Reds, Flat Armor Yellows, Attack Speed Blues.

Im fairly experienced in the jungle as WW, Shaco, and even the occasional Nunu. Ive tried some practice games and cant figure out the route to get both buffs and be at enough health to go straight into a gank at level 3 as Olaf. What do i start out with? Cloth armor x5 pots...or Lifesteal...or dare i say, Elixer (gross)? What route do i go? I was able to take Blue then Red and be at level 3 but definitely without enough health to effectively gank. Also the skilling order? I know W first, then Q, then W again? and at level 4 Q again? or should i get E?

Those are some questions i have as Olaf Jungle, I also have different runes so if theres a better rune set like Quintessences of Fortitude that would be better let me know. Thanks.

P.S. Is he a viable jungle for Mid Elo?

Raunchyyy

03-22-2011

Olaf is a viable jungler for all elo levels if I'm not mistaken.

For me I tend to level Reckless Swing later than most other Olafs I know, and max Undertow first. I do this because with the arpen that Olaf gets you're doing nearly true damage to most champs with your Undertow, not to mention if you're skilled at landing it you're chasing + damaging them. Now it's cool to nuke them for 140-200ish true damage early (because when you gank in early levels you won't have Reckless Swing maxed yet) but the chasing ability that Undertow gives you is invaluable in my eyes, I've killed countless people who thought they would get away just to be hit by another axe on a 2sec. cooldown. Also Undertow helps you clear the jungle tons faster.

Now I've never actually rushed a double buff on Olaf so I don't know how safe of an option it is. I'm sure you can since I can jungle through every camp without going back in about 4-5 minutes (just a guess I haven't timed it). My rune set up is Arpen Quints and marks, flat armor seals, and attack speed glyphs. My skill leveling, like I said, is a little different. I level W>Q>W>Q>Q>R.

I've explained my reasoning for not taking early levels in Reckless Swing, but to be honest I am considering a different skill leveling path, just to make my ganks less of a chase and more of a OH YOU WANNA RUN?! KABOOM YOU'RE DEAD!

So for my new skill path I'm considering W>Q>W>E>E>R. You can try any of those out and see how you like them.

DrDoomMD

03-22-2011

From what i hear the weakness of Olaf jungling is the gank. Because of his mobility it really is essential that you land his Q in order to be successful. So that skill level path of WQWQQR sounds reasonable. Ill also try that RUN? KABOOM path to lololol. Thanks for the help, im just trying to figure out the early gank at 3. Because as shaco that gank at 3min into the game is pretty much guaranteed because no one expects it that quick. At least not all the time.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2011

The only jungle olaf guide ive ever had success with. But that comes down to playstyle.