Morgana and the solo lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kreilian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2011

So I used some IP to get Morgana this week since I tend to have fun with caster supports like Lux. One thing has been bothering me about Morgana after I thought about how to solo with her. How do you manage to solo lane with her and not completely feed the other solo free last hits without pushing the lane with pool? Most players are going to just hug minions all day so I can't get a good snare off, and even if I do, I'm probably going to hit minions with a follow-up pool if I'm harassing. This leads me to believe I should level up my Q before pool, but putting a lot of those skill points into a minion-blockable nuke on a relatively high cooldown seems unwise.

Halp.

VincentKrys

03-22-2011

A lot of people back in the day used to ban morgana since her shield and snare are really good, but ever since people kept playing and got better, and knew how to play around her she's become kind of unviable because she pushes the lane too much and makes her prone to ganks, plus Janna's ultimate completely screws Morg's over. My advice is to not use pool on minions early game, and concentrate on auto attacking last hits, and try to land a snare early game, since the other player will be last hittin as well. Only use pool on the champion u snare, to prevent pushing the lane.

Kreilian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2011

I realize that Morgana has a lot of potential to push the lane. I'm asking how to get around this problem while still maintaining pressure on the other solo. If this isn't possible against a somewhat competent player, then I'm open to that as well.

Perhaps ultra pushing a lane with a ward or two to protect from jungle ganks is a viable option? My gut feeling tells me no, but I'm curious to see if anyone's tried this strategy.

bob000

03-22-2011

Some champions cant help but push the lane. If you feel that a farming lane with mutual last hitting isnt putting enough pressure on your opponent then just push the lane to the enemy tower and go gank.

Kikhan

03-22-2011

Ya I say push the **** out of the lane. Ward and gank run tele to get bak to lane. I find tower denying gold is generally pretty effective. Otherwise ya last hit and snare the **** out of them. I just don't like depending on snare as it is mana intensive and only useful against predictable enemies.